Author Topic: Location Advice East Coast, USA  (Read 6062 times)

Offline Nishino8

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Douglas Seigars Photography
Location Advice East Coast, USA
« on: August 20, 2021, 09:36:23 PM »
Hello,

Am looking for the best photography locations for the East Coast, USA.  Looking for containerships, but other vessels will also do.  The big criteria is to be close and locations that are accessible at night.  I want locations where one can get a sense of scale with the surroundings (not a mile across a bay).  I'm based up in Boston and enjoy what's around there, but am looking for new spots outside of New England and am willing to drive a day or two for something worthwhile, especially for large container vessels.  Have looked into Elizabeth, NJ but have not been there in person yet.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Jeff Thoreson

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Location Advice East Coast, USA
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 07:28:21 PM »
Best location for what you're looking for on the east coast is by far Savannah, Georgia.

Offline Nishino8

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 03:08:22 PM »
Thanks,

Looks great. Is there a particular viewing location you would recommend?  On Google Maps, it looks the views I would be most interested in would be from Hutchinson Island, looking across to the container terminals.  Is that area open to the public?

Thanks

Offline Jeff Thoreson

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 10:40:53 PM »
Hutchinson Island isn't accessible to the public - however, you can almost reach out and touch the vessels at Old Fort Jackson or River Street as they come and go. Often, due to tides, the larger container ships will come and go during the day in time for 1300 labor starts, or during the summer depart right after 1800 labor finishes.

Offline Nishino8

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 12:15:19 AM »
Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk