Shipspotters all over the world > Trip reports

You Know Your A Shipspotter If...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Clive Harvey:
My word, someone who has dared to say that they hate drone photos.
I know that we don't often agree but in this instance, yes me too.
Apart from that yes, I've spent ages travelling to see a ship and spent hours in the cold and the rain.
Spent hours waiting for a ship to sail because for some reason it's depature has been delayed.
I would never spend any time trying to convince anyone of the virtures of a container ship over a general cargo ship. Yes, like cars, they are machines yes yes there are pretty ones and handsome one and some down-right ugly ones. And yes I can feel very sorry whe some of them are sold off for scrap. I'm no longer a shipspotter as I do not travel to take photographs of ships any more - largely because the 'pretty ones' are all gone, however, I am a ship enthusiast.

shipspottergirl:
I am definitely all of the above.  ;D

Juan Carlos C.:
I consider myself a fan of photography, only of boats, another photograph that is not of boats is not of my interest, haha ​​only those of my children.
Many times I go to my job earlier so I can photograph very early in the morning to have the best light of the sunrise.
always with my camera in my bag, ready for any shot at any time.
I do not always talk to strangers with my headphones with some good metallica songs, always looking for the right moment.
The only little people that ask me why I photograph the boats are my children that I'm half crazy, but that's what I like to do ..

Steven Collingwood:
If you are crazy, then we all are a little.  And Metallica is a GREAT music choice!!!  (It's on right now as a matter of fact)

rbelesky:

--- Quote from: Steven Collingwood on August 13, 2018, 12:39:05 PM --- ;D

Admins, I little fun.  Delete if needed...

You Know Your A Shipspotter (and maybe a Geek) if...  (BTW, I am)
- You Have traveled over an hour to see a ship...
- You think a GOOD day is spent watching the water and ships go by...
- You keep a camera on you anytime you are on or near the water....  just in case.
- A stranger asks you the name of the ship and you end up giving them a 30 minute dissertation on the values of a container ship over a general cargo ship...
- You have had serious conversations with others about which ship is "prettier" or "cooler"...

Feel free to add your own!!!

--- End quote ---

A few more signs...

- You have the MarineTraffic and VesselFinder apps on your phone, or tablet. Twice as likely is you have the paid versions.
- You have ShipSpotting web site front and center on your browser favorites bar.
- Your Port's vessel schedule is also bookmarked and checked daily for any changes.
- You join your spouse on his/her business trips when he/she goes to a port town but not an inland town.
- You have a camera monopod that extends to 7 feet so you can get a clear shot above a 10 foot brick wall or chain link fence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version