Author Topic: storm let ships selfsailing in Hamburg Harbour  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
storm let ships selfsailing in Hamburg Harbour
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:17:12 AM »
on 5.5.2015 there was heavy storm in North of Germany. Hamburg harbour was effected.
on the Containership Al Qibla (L=366m ) broke 2 stern lines. She drifted towards the Kuala Lumpur Express. The ship bows of both ships were damaged. The bow of the K.L.E. also damaged a container gantry.
At the same time more lines were broken at Hanjin Gold (L=366mm),MSC Margarita (L=263m) Barmbek (L=160m)
Hanjin Gold makes a fast sheet anker maneuver and stopped the moving. The Bianca Rambow was fixed with the policeboat in the middle of the fairway and moved with his own power and the help of the police boat to her berth and was safely towed.
The Barmbeck moved also in the main fairway, made a fast sheet anker maneuver with 2 ankers. With the help from a boat of Hamburg port authority and a tug she was moved also to her berth.
At MSC Margarita also a rope brokes, but the ship didn't move away

peter

Peter

source: http://www.presseportal.de/polizeipresse/pm/6337/3015332/pol-hh-150506-4-schweres-unwetter-ueber-hamburg-mehrere-containerschiffe-im-hamburger-hafen

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:20:00 AM by Peter Schneckenburger »
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk