Author Topic: Nova , Raising the Costa Concordia  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Ian Horsfall

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Nova , Raising the Costa Concordia
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:12:01 AM »
Just watched Nova on Public TV here in the US, the documentary was about the problems
of trying to raise the vsl,I just hope a lot of other countries get to see this program.
Approx $1.2 Billion cost.
The ship Designer closed with a statement," A tragedy, that need not have Happened.
very true.
Rich Habbib ,Salvage Master Nick Sloan  and the Ships Designer put together a Superb team of Ladies and Gentlemen to accomplish this job.

Offline mcmoha

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Nova , Raising the Costa Concordia
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:07:51 AM »

Offline malnik

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Nova , Raising the Costa Concordia
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 11:08:35 PM »
We were in Genoa in November. We drove up from Niece to Genoa on the motorway, a very nice drive. As we got towards Genoa, still some distance, we got some lovely views of Genoa. Knowing where the Concordia was I asked my family to look out to see if they could see anything.
I spotted it, we were quite high, in the distance, quite some way off but we were doing 100kph and so could not stop anywhere. I think there were stopping view points you could stop, set up a tripod and take some long distance pics on a nice day, if you know its coming up!
I do have a blurred pic my son took from his tablet, its no good to post.

You do see it for quite a few short glimpses but then start to wind down and its gone. I mention it just in case anyone happens that way.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk