Author Topic: Cruise ships news  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Lucas Latreche

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://raflucgr.ra.funpic.de
Cruise ships news
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:44:14 PM »
Pride of hawaii, and informations about other Ncl ships

The Pride of hawaii will do her sea trials on 11/03/2006 if there won't be problem until the moment.
Any way, Norwegian Pearl (delivry in february 2007) and Norwegian gem (delivery in october 2007) will have a new room named bliss with a real bowling, a sport bar for and a night club for the night.
The decorations of the great ss France will be used on the future Ncl'ships. For exemple the Pride of america has some decorations of the ss America lauched in 1939 and designed by William Francis Gibbs.

Ncl is ready to order to new ship (delivry in 2009). More than 100 000 grt, probably more than 300m. Thoses ships might be built at Meyer werft Papenburg or Les chantiers de l'atlantique, St Nazaire. The name of the project is diamond

The Norwegian drean, the norwegian majesty, the norwegian crown and star might be forwarded to the owner of Norwegian cruises lines, so Star cruises.

Remember that in 2003, Ncl bought the monument called SS UNITED STATES and the SS Indepandance. Those ships will be used by a subsidary of ncl: Norwegian america. The ss united states will be converted in a very luxious cruise liner (according to the last news),Howerver nothing has started. For the SS Indepandance, she is actually in dry dock at San Franciso
Both ships will be used for cruises to Hawaii islands.

Photos of the SS Indepandance in dry dock are availiable :
http://community.webshots.com/album/119174680nLXFAU

the Queen mary 2 will have dry-docking in may and November 2006, to repair the pod broken off Fort Lauderdale in january 2006. When I will have informations on the shipyard which will do this work, I will tell you.

Celebrity cruises ( Royal carabbean interanational group) ordered
last friday to Meyer werft, Papenburg the second ship of the project
challenger.The ship will have a propulsion by pods (63 MW). The
first ship of the project ordered last summer will be delivred in
autumn 2008 and the second during the summer 2008. A three ship is
talked.
lenght:315 m
breath: 36.80 m
passager: 2850
90% of the cabins will have a private balcon

Here are informations about the new giant of Carnival.
Carnival ordered a new giant(112 000gt), named Carnival splendor, there will be again two sisterships. She will be delivred during the spring 2008. There will be newer structures onboard as a big spa (on 2 bridges !!) of 17 800 feets square, the biggest that there is on a carnival'ships. There will be a very big game room for Children( 5 500 feet square). There will be four swiming pools and 1503 cabins 60 % with a view on Sea, 60% with a private balcon.

The ship will be built at Fincantieri yards, probably Monfalcone.
And remember that CARNIVAL ordered the Carnival freedom (110 000 gt, delivry in february 2007) and a superliner of 130 000 gt, delivry in autumn 2009, the biggest "fun ship"( the name given to all carnival'ships).

The Costa Allegra will be used for cruises from Shangai, it will start on 3/07/2006. The cruises will during 5 nights in general.

Cheers
Lucas Latreche
8-) Mr Express Apollon

Offline Tim Bell

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belllineboat.com
Re: Cruise ships news
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:36:26 PM »
From the pictures of the "INDEPENDENCE" she looks to be next to a drydock..at the very least her waterline is the same as the older photos in the group.Therefore I would conclude she is still afloat and tied portside to a pier with a drydock to starboard.
If Star actually starts to do anything with the 2 ships it will be a surprise to most....Star is still buried in the "NORWAY".

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 11:38:11 AM »
Ok France/Norway/Blue Lady was not built in the US an I correct?

But you mean to tell me if NCL had reflagged her and put her under the US Flag giving jobs to US Seafarers the US Goverment would not of objected?

Or for a ship to work in US Waters on US Domestic Routes does the ships have the be built, flagged in the US and crewed by a US Crew?

It just seems odd to me that they are so keen to get rid of the France/Norway/Blue Lady, I am wondering if she if the damage from the Boiler explosion is worse than they are making it out to be.

It just makes me wonder if NCL are using these ships as means of getting around the Jones Act to bring in Non US Built ships to work these Hawian Cruises.  I personaly would like to see the United States cruise more than just the Hawain waters, but even if she does get restored and returned to service I would imagaine it is highly unlikley we would see her come out to OZ>

Will

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 12:31:20 AM »
I have often wondered too what Star's "real" intentions are for the United States and Independence.  Star seems fixed on running low cost ships thar generate maximum profit.

I have also heard that they are continuing to delay the transfer of Norwegian Crown, Dream, Majesty, and Wind due to booking rate on SuperStar Libra (Norwegian Sea).  The fact is the older ships are stilling selling out in the U.S., versus the poor booking rate on most of the Star Cruises Line ships.

Regards,
Will

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk