Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Ebay
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »
G'day Fellow Ship Spotters

I have just be alerted by another member from here in Australia about one of my images being posted for sale on EBAY: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/F10750-Australian-Ferry-Spirit-of-Tasmania-III-photo-6x4-/291003416903?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AAU%3A1120&item=291003416903&nma=true&si=vU83hUJYSqzY4xRJafpcCtMRqo4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I did not give permission to this person to sell this image, I have asked them to remove the posting and reported to Ebay.  I know there is not much we can do about this and I don't want to start up another long drawn out debate about image theft.  But I did just want to point it out as it took me totally by surprise and did not want to see others caught out the same.  I have no proof where the seller sourced the image from and like most of us on here I post on several sites.

I appreciate that it is pretty much impossible to police who downloads our images and what their intentions are regards useage of them.  All I ask is that anybody looking at my images who may read this and is considering using them for personal gain/publication etc Please Please ask me first.

Happy Shipspotting

Glenn
Hobart, Tasmania

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk