Author Topic: Norway (France) new name "Blue Lady"...  (Read 4557 times)

Offline alain marc deluy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://wwW.LeGlaneur.info
Norway (France) new name "Blue Lady"...
« on: February 04, 2006, 01:17:08 PM »
...more informations, photos, links...

wwW.leGlaneur.info in french...

and in english: translate.google.com/www.leglaneur.info

good surf...

LeGlaneur...

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Norway (France) new name "Blue Lady"...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »
This from Fairplay daily news:

NORWEGIAN Cruise Line

Offline Charles McAllister

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 06:42:12 PM »
Unfortunately, the renaming to such an innocuous name seems like an attempt to lower the "profile" of the ship to avoid large protests when she is sold for scrap.  I sincerely hope I am wrong, and the investor group in Europe  will be able to raise the necessary funds to bring France/Norway to service as a static restaurant/hotel/museum.  That seems to be the only viable alternative to scrapping.  I hope this proud ship can be preserved.

Charles
Best,

Charles

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:24:01 PM »
There has been reports here in Australia that there is a business man with the money to buy the Norway or as she is now known as the Blue Lady but requires Star to either change the Contract to enable the scappers agent to sell it to him or cancel the Contract all together.

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »
I would have thought that Star would be glad to 'Off load' Norway/Blue Lady at any cost. Thus saving more 'hassle' for them.
regards Glencairn :-) :pint:

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 10:15:17 PM »
NCL stated that she did not fit into the desired operations.  I would have thought that the Norway/Blue Lady would have been a more economicle repair/Refit that the united states?

Offline Charles McAllister

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 08:01:03 PM »
Glenn,

The unique asset of United States is that she is a US flagged ship, thus able to call on one US port directly from another.  NCL stated that their plan for United States was to rebuild her for intra Hawaii or California-Hawaii service.  Although they were able to "reflag" one of their other ships, that was seemingly a one time event, so any expansion of cruises within the US, including Hawaii, will depend on rebuilding United States.  It's still not a certainty, but smart marketing would emphasize the ship's history and speed records to build a following.  It could be a very profitable venture.  I hope a similar case could be made for France/Norway in Europe, even as a static hotel/museum.

Regards,

Charles
Best,

Charles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk