Author Topic: Triple E  (Read 47890 times)

Offline JohnMcNeely

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Triple E
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »
There's a new movie of the first Triple-E float-out here:

http://www.shippingtv.co.uk/?p=534
thats just awesome one to checkout i am impressed with it now and would like to get some more links like it

Clydee

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
My thanks also for the links Chris46.  Fascinating to see the scale of the items moved

Offline chrisg46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Shipping TV
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »
Glad you liked the video - there are and will be more background videos on www.shippingtv.co.uk but I can't always put all of them onto the video page here, usually for copyright reasons. I always put the ones I make myself on, but don't have the rights required to put other peoples work on . .
Chris
I'm a working shipping journo, and run a website called ShippingTV . . .
http://www.shippingtv.co.uk

Offline Alan Green

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Triple E Update
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »
Maersk Line this week revealed that the second of its ultra-large triple-E container vessels will join the carrier's AE10 Asia Europe service at Busan on 12 of August. The ship will phase-in four weeks after the service entry of the series' lead ship MAERSK MC-KINNEY MOLLER and it will take the place of the 9,661 teu BUTTERFLY, which Maersk sub-chartered from CMA CGM as a stand-in for the damaged EMMA MAERSK. In contrast to earlier reports, which suggested that MARY MAERSK would be the second triple-E to enter commercial service, the Danish carrier now shows MAJESTIC MAERSK as ship number two.
Furthermore, another interesting detail has been revealed: Maersk Line will follow Hamburg S

Offline al1442

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »

Offline Alan Green

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »
My apologies:

I did cut and paste and mistakingly lost the heading which attributes the article to your goodselves.

Offline al1442

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
not a big deal - thank you for quoting anyway !

Offline pepper_220

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 02:05:17 AM »
the next owner will be UASC ,They has just made a deal with HHI,6+1 18000teu !

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 05:40:34 AM »

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 07:54:46 AM »
Maersk McKinney-Moller is back from the sea trials today, that lasted 14 days!

Offline Alan Green

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 09:28:47 AM »
Article courtesy of linervision:

In a market that is still plagued by overcapacity, this week will have witnessed a remarkable wave of orders for large container ships. Ship owners seem torn between the poor state of the industry, which should discourage them from placing orders, and the temptingly low prices for containership newbuildings.
The past few days' numerous orders are a clear indicator that the newbuilding sector has bottomed out in terms of price, or at least that the majority of ship owners do believe so. In other words: For those who planned new vessel orders anyway, the time to firm up had finally come.
Assuming that all of the recently reported orders actually do materialize and that all the attached options will be taken up, no fewer than 33 large container ship deals have been closed in the past few days. These include three 16,000 teu ships for CMA CGM from Samsung plus three options, five 14,000 teu ships for UASC from Hyundai plus six options, five 18,400 teu ships for UASC from Hyundai plus one option and five 9,000 teu ships for Costamare from Hanjin Philippines plus five options.
Together, these 33 ships would have a capacity of about 453,000 teu, some 2.4% of the global containership fleet. Based on estimated newbuilding prices and information relayed by market sources, the average per-teu slot cost of the 33 vessels would be just under USD 8,000. This represents a 20% discount compared to two years ago, when shipping lines such are Maersk, APL and Evergreen paid between USD 9,500 and USD 10,500 per slot for large containerships - ships that are actually being delivered now.
While it has to be acknowledged that, so far, most of the aforementioned orders are only at a letter-of-intend stage, it does seems highly likely that most of them will actually turn into firm commitments very soon. Whereas the orders do make perfect sense for individual shipowners who take advantage of a buyers' market and gain access to newbuildings at rock-bottom prices, the continued ordering of extra capacity does add to the industry's prime concern: massive and lasting overcapacity.
As so often in the maritime industry, placing orders at the bottom of a cycle is a gamble that might either pay off or backfire. Since delivery times are quick these days, many of the big ships ordered today will already be launched as soon as 2015.
Whether less than two years will be a sufficient amount of time for the market to recover significantly and for overcapacity and large-scale idling of ships to disappear remains a question unanswered.

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
"These include three 16,000 teu ships for CMA CGM from Samsung plus three options"

For the record, this is not a new order. This relates to a series of 12,600 teu ships which were ordered by C.-P. Offen back in 2007 for charter or onward sale to CMA-CGM. The parties became embroiled in a dispute when the liner market collapsed but are now reported to have settled their differences. The intention is to convert the orders from 12,600 teu to 16,000 teu. However, no firm agreement has yet materialised.

Brgds
Phil

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »
Also, I don't see one major shipping line order for 5 x 18k TEU ships in HHI...

In the meantime, I uploaded a picture of MMM coming back from her sea trials...

Offline DAVE NINNIM

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 07:48:21 PM »
Also, I don't see one major shipping line order for 5 x 18k TEU ships in HHI...
Why?

Offline Pavlo

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 04:52:29 AM »
Who knows, which model of Main Engines' installed on Triple E?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk