Author Topic: Deletions again  (Read 14509 times)

Offline bulbousbow77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Deletions again
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
I tried to upload three pics and all of them has been deleted.
The reasons were quite simple.
1.the pic does not show the vessel, but only parts of it.
And than i wonder how this can be published on the mainpage?https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shipspotting.com%2Fgallery%2Fphoto.php%3Flid%3D1790362&selection=tfol11bed6bf17836462
2. the pic was not sharp enough. indeed the pic is sharp.

if the rules of the forum define that only sharp and happy-go-lucky-pics are published:o.k.
but than this forum only takes care for simple pics without any aspiration.

If it is like this: Long live the people who are able to find the button of the camera to capture the 123th pic of one particular vessel.

Do not worry, this was really my last comment. Hopefully?

Offline Lars Brunkman

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
Hi bulbousbow77,

The site standards state that the whole ship must be inside the frame. If a part of the ship is clipped, even if it is a very small part, the photo generally gets deleted. The photo on the mainpage, of the VEGA, shows the ship's deck. Those photos does not need to show the whole ship. Some sub-categories doesn't require the whole ship to be seen. The Ship's deck category is one of them.

As for the sharp photo being deleted. That has happened to me too. I've had a couple of, to me, sharp photos deleted for not being sharp. Determining whether a photo is sharp or not is unfortunately subjective. Some think a photo is sharp while others think it isn't.

Regards
Lars

Offline Robert Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »
When your picture is deleted, the responsible admin will give you the reason why. Please take this comment into consideration and have a critical look at your original. Thereafter you can enhance it in accordance with site standards and upload the picture once more. If you can't amend the picture so that it will live up to standards, you may as well forget it. The number of previous hits is a good indication whether the quality of your picture is good enough.

Rgds,
Robert.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:16:57 PM by Robert Smith »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk