Author Topic: Immingham photography  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Brian Chandler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Immingham photography
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »
Hi..New member - Please can anyone offer any advice regarding a safe location for photography of ships entering and leaving Immingham? I have a 200mm lens and by merely looking at maps, Spurn Head looks reasonable but I understand its no always accessible. Any suggestions would be gratefully received and thanks in advance.

Offline spudsgud1947

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Immingham photography
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
Hi. Stoney Creek on the opposite side of Immingham (East Riding Yorks) is ideal, turn off (right) at Thonegumbald (a1033 Hull to Withernsea road), its about 3 to 4 miles and the road narrows to a single lane but keep going until you come to a dead end (Stoney Creek)
Hope this helps ? Kev

Offline Brian Chandler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:12:03 PM »
Thanks Kev - very helpful and looks ideal on the map

Brian

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:40:03 PM »
The only problem with Stoney Creek is that it is directly against the light to Immingham, as can be Spurn point.  :(

Brian, if you can get to the South bank I believe you can get onto the riverfront seaward of the IOT (just east of the East road entrance to Immingham dock) - I used to go there in the 80's/90's and 200mm will get most of the larger ships in the main channel, coasters heading upriver will be too far off.

Spurn is nearly always open except on larger spring tides when it can be breached - it does cost

Offline Brian Chandler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 11:54:38 AM »
Thanks Patrick, I can the issue regarding sun depending on time of year and time of day etc. Its a part of the country I have not visited so any information is gratfully received. It seems to be a fairly busy area for all vessels including ferries unlike most other regions of the north. Thanks again

Offline spudsgud1947

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 01:10:12 PM »
The only problem with Stoney Creek is that it is directly against the light to Immingham, as can be Spurn point.

Hi Patrick. Having a box brownie i wouldn't know about these things ;D. But Stoney Creek is ideal for a nice kip and getting away from her indoors. Ha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk