Author Topic: Maersk B Class- back to the Loch???  (Read 14302 times)

Offline Ancient Mariner

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Maersk B Class- back to the Loch???
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 08:01:58 PM »
Here's a photo bucket link for some pics of the Brownville.

I just took a small selection of the ones I have. They give you an idea. I had forgotten I also had the Official yard pics of the hull build so I have included a few of those.
I have a variety of other pics, so if anyone has a specific request I may be able to help. I don't have any of the bridge as such. Though I do have various ones taken on the bridge during the naming ceremony and the handover event.

Having been to many shipyards over the years, I can honestly say that the 2 and a bit months I spent in Stralsund were some of the best I ever spent in my career.

If anyone else has any queries about the B-Class in general, I will do my best to answer. Although I haven't sailed on them since 2008 when I left Maersk.

Anyways, here is the link
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g237/Lexx_dring/B-Class/

Offline Judgie

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 02:03:20 AM »
Ancient Mariner.

That's amazing, you've experienced these vessels first hand. Thankyou for the pics mate, definitely a real insight into these beasts.

We now know that the reason several B's were photographed late last year with no cargo is that they headed to Qingdao for new Bulbous bows for a further 5% efficiency gain at low speeds. Better than heading to Alang....

Offline Lexor

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »

Five Maersk Line vessels are getting a ’nose job’: having their bulbous bows retrofitted

http://www.maerskline.com/link/?page=news&path=/news/story_page/13/New_ship

Cheers
Lexor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk