Author Topic: Webmaster  (Read 3544 times)

kensmith

Webmaster
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:32:01 PM »

When I recently announced that I would assume the role of Webmaster I said until someone else is found, so far no one has come forward which is not surprising because it is a thankless job.

I have given the past seven years of my life to this website in various roles and like to think that I have helped to make many improvements over that time, I will not go into details but those that know me will understand what I am saying, when I joined my membership number was 75, I think we have moved on a bit since then, I have made many friends and have given help to many members over the years but there comes a time when you have to think of yourself and that time has now come, I have dedicated myself to this website and have accepted all the knocks and abuse that go with the job and there have been many but the time has come to call it a day.

I will not let the site drift without a rudder and will continue until someone is willing to take over but only for a few more weeks, if no one is found then the site will have to manage without a Webmaster, if anyone wishes to discuss this then please contact me will I will be happy to run through what is involved with them, but I must stress that it is no longer a part time job and needs someone dedicated to giving many hours at all times every day of the week, preferably mature and retired with a tolerant nature and ability to communicate.

I sincerely hope there is someone willing to take it on, if so then please let me know.

Kind regards
Ken

BobS

Re: Webmaster
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
I would suggest, Ken, that you add to your list of ideal qualities that he/she is either single or has an unbelievably tolerant partner. I fall down on that last bit and also I just don
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:45:16 PM by Bob Scott »

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:09:51 PM »
hi ken

Job well done,,also when we had our "run-ins"  will miss those,, my dear friend reminders that I ignored again the site standard.
Hope you will be able to bring your camera for another few years in focus for the ships which passing your area on the Thamse River.
So,,relax and enjoy

brgds
capt ted

P.S.  Bob makes a good point,,for a paid Webmaster
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:56:56 PM »
Ken, my deepest respect and a big thanks for all you've done for the website and for the members. Take care!

Kind regards,
Jens

Offline Tomislav Raymondi

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Webmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »
Dear Ken

My most sincere congratulations for your appointment, I am completely sure the you will carry out a great work here.

Kind Regards

Tommie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk