Author Topic: Types of camera  (Read 15328 times)

Offline E. Vroom

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Flickr.com
Re: Types of camera
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
[quote author=Tomas

Offline peter j. fitzpatrick

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »
In reply to you Phil I have purchased some compact flash media that was badged as sandisk but later found out it was a good copy of the real thing
It's from 2001 and the files have corrupted
This is quite a common problem with so many copy's of decent media going round I now tend to buy my c f cards from a high street chain rather than auction sites
I also contacted sandisk and they are " well aware " of this problem
Regards
Peter

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
Yes, if you store your files on a dodgy portable device, the device may possibly fail. But my point is that digital files held on hard drives will not suffer from degradation over a period of time, unlike prints and slides.

Brgds
Phil

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
Re hard drives /storage the perceived wisdom is that a hard drives life is between 3 and 5 years only. A bit of Googling will confirm thuggish. An example http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/qual/specLife-c.html OR http://www.data-recovery-tools.net/faq.html#faq-dlp-lifespan

Offline Alan Green

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
I originally used an Olympus OM10 (and maybe got 1 good photo out of 36 !) but was then introduced to bridge cameras. Suitable impressed I purchased a Panasonic FZ18 and then on to a Panasonic FZ38.  This model has now been continually superseded by models, FZ45, FZ48, FZ100, and FZ150.  I discussed the possibility of upgrading with a member of staff at the local branch of Cameraworld, and received the advice " If you are happy with what you are using, why change ? "  By my own admission, I am an amateur at photography and understand none of the " technical " terms. I am relatively happy with the images that I take and can only fault the bridge camera in poor or low light conditions when, I am told, the smallish size of the sensor (compared to a DLSR)can have an adverse effect. If any others have experience of the latest Panasonic models, I would be interested in knowing.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:12:04 PM by Alan Green »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk