Author Topic: GREEK FERRIES  (Read 3393 times)

Offline GEORGE

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
GREEK FERRIES
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:41:11 PM »
Sirs,
i formed this topic in which i would like you to express your opinions about greek ships and especially for ferries.
GREECE

Offline WAYNE2

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: GREEK FERRIES
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 09:00:55 PM »
Hi its nice to ferries witch where in british waters still working but one thing gets to me is when a former british ship goes to greek  waters they rebuild her ie the former PRIDE OF KENT I saw a photo and what a mess to her new bow and stern horrable thank you

Offline Lucas Latreche

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://raflucgr.ra.funpic.de
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 12:44:15 AM »
Hi George

I am half greek and I go in Greece all summer since my birth so I saw my first ferries in Greece and they are my fvourite.The best for me are the penelope a,agios georgios,express apollon,Knossos palace,express aphrodite,superferry II and more.I love many ferries in Greece.The superfast are great as the blue star.We has the luck to have some great old ferries(monuments for me).In my big collection,60 or 70% of the photos are greek.I travelled with many ferries there.The last is the express aphrodite.A very nice ship for me.
Then I don't like some G.A Ferries'ships.Apart the Marina,Rodanthi and milena and Daliana,the others are old,in a very bad state.I have a particular thought for the Romilda.

Best regards
Lucas L
8-) Mr Express Apollon

Offline GEORGE

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 08:17:12 PM »
mr.wayne2

i want to tell that in Greece many English ferries in which they have rebuild because the ports in Greece  need these changes,nevertheless they are very good optical and technical and i disagree with you about PRIDE OF KENT.

Some examples of such ships are EXPRESS APHRODITE,EXPRESS APOLLON,PENELOPE A.,AGIOS GEORGIOS
GREECE

Offline GEORGE

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 08:29:50 PM »
Hi Lucas

i agree with you about the ships that you mentioned but i disagree about MILENA and DALIANA.I want to tell about these ships that they have been sold in DUBAI for 10.000.000$ in order to become hotels!!!
Also about the port of RAFINA i must tell you that it is a very difficult port and that the masters there are the best especially the ships SUPERFERRY II and PENELOPE A.
GREECE

Offline mlulurgas

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.adriaticandaegeanferries.com
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 11:09:31 AM »
As many of yoy may know, I'm webmaster of a site on Greek ferries (www.adriaticandaegeanferries.com), so I'm particularly interested about them. I love our ferries, particularly the ex-Japanese ones, and my two favourite ferries in Greece are the El. Venizelos, our flagship, and the Lato, in my opinion the best ever ferry conversion from Japan. Anyway, I think that these years we're lacking the class, the luxe, the intelligence which was usual on older ferries and conversion like the ex-Minoan Japanese ferries, the Lato, the Lissos, the sisters Ionian Island and Galaxy, the Rodanthi, the Marina, the Dame M. Unfortunately now, due to wrong and stupid laws, ferries are equipped with very uncomprehensible internal arrangements, and ferries like the Nissos Mykonos, which also runs on overnight services, has 971 seats and only 31 cabins! The same for many ex-channel ferries, which often are rebuilt as "waiting halls". Particularly, I think that the former "Pride of Kent" was not an object of beauty neither in her former appearance, so Greeks could have not get her more worse than it was! But, I think that she could have been a good ferry on Rhodes line, if only she had 500 more berths, decent internal space and an outdoor swimming pool at stern.
ANONIMH NAFTILIAKH ETAREIA KRITIS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk