Author Topic: Gloria Siderum as Multi Service 300, pics?  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Bart Hakze

• Top Poster
  • Master Mariner / SDPO.
    • View Profile
    • www.dutchmariner.com
Gloria Siderum as Multi Service 300, pics?
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »
gd,

I have been reading about the Gloria Siderum (IMO : 7006754) lately, one of the first dedicated heavy lift vessels in the world.
She was constructed of two similar coasters (Hermes, IMO 514914 & Hada II, IMO 513945) welded together in 1969. she was equipped with a 300 tons derrick on the stb-side hull.

See some pics & info on her: <http://beejee.home.xs4all.nl/1960-02/HADA-II-26-10-06.htm>.

She was sold in 1983 to Multi Services Shipping Co from Panama and renamed Multi Service 300 to be used in the offshore industry.

In 1993 she was sold to be scrapped in Amsterdam.

There are some pictures of her while sailing as Gloria Siderum for HOLSCHER SHIPPING BV from the Netherlands and from her on the scrapyard in Amsterdam but I haven't been able to find any of her time as Multi Service 300.

Does anybody on here have some pictures from that time or information about what she actually did in that time?
Would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Grtz
Bart
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:49:40 PM by Bart Hakze »
aka SeaBart

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Gloria Siderum as Multi Service 300, pics?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
Bart,

I believe that as Multi-Service 300 she operated mainly in the Middle-East region. Although the registered owner was Multi Services Shipping Co, Panama, the true owner was a Spanish diving and offshore company called Tecnosub SL. They are apprently still in business and have a website here: http://www.tecnosub.net/ plus also a facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TECNOSUB-COMMERCIAL-DIVING/172765172379

You could try getting in touch with them for further information and photos.

Brgds
Phil

Offline boco

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:46:24 PM »
Just google Multiservice 300 and then go to pictures. Several pics on www.kustvaartforum.com

Offline Bart Hakze

• Top Poster
  • Master Mariner / SDPO.
    • View Profile
    • www.dutchmariner.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
Thanks guys, on with the search it is.
aka SeaBart

Offline huecity

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »
i have just scanned at my local library a b&w photograph of the gloria siderum in valletta harbour malta on 11 november 1974--i have "failed" to upload this to the site "on my first upload" as the "system is telling me "only jpg photographs uploaded"--so some advice from someone about this please---with her two hulls rig on the "port" side with legs to the starboard side--she is about to uplift an offshore oil loading buoy to return same to oxidental's oil terminal at zuitina libya--
hue city

gd,

I have been reading about the Gloria Siderum (IMO : 7006754) lately, one of the first dedicated heavy lift vessels in the world.
She was constructed of two similar coasters (Hermes, IMO 514914 & Hada II, IMO 513945) welded together in 1969. she was equipped with a 300 tons derrick on the stb-side hull.

See some pics & info on her: <http://beejee.home.xs4all.nl/1960-02/HADA-II-26-10-06.htm>.

She was sold in 1983 to Multi Services Shipping Co from Panama and renamed Multi Service 300 to be used in the offshore industry.

In 1993 she was sold to be scrapped in Amsterdam.

There are some pictures of her while sailing as Gloria Siderum for HOLSCHER SHIPPING BV from the Netherlands and from her on the scrapyard in Amsterdam but I haven't been able to find any of her time as Multi Service 300.

Does anybody on here have some pictures from that time or information about what she actually did in that time?
Would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Grtz
Bart

Offline huecity

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »
ok --- i have changed the file from "tiff" to jpg and it has been uploaded--the photograph is actually of very good quality but the upload not so--so i guess that "i am still doing something not quite correct"
hue city

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
Huecity

Your photo has been placed in the deletions category because it does not meet site standards, and breaches copyright (scanned from a book)

Please read the site guidelines as explained when you upload a photo. Thank you.

Brgds
Phil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk