Author Topic: VLCC update Fawley  (Read 12024 times)

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: VLCC update Fawley
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »
I dont think VTS says that the Suez Valsilas is berthing on 22nd, it says it is arriving in the VTS area on the 22nd! Nab anchorage. On the plus side you may need Infa red lense for the Eliza arriving but should leave mid day on Sunday.

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 01:52:24 AM »
At last some good news. Eliza berthing 1000/19 Daylight!

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 07:31:35 AM »
Spotted that. That's changed my plans for today.
Wake up Messrs Onions & Betts etc!
See you down there no doubt.
Kelvin

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »
Hi Guys

At one a.m. this morning Southampton VTS was still showing Eliza arriving as 03:45.  Woke up this a.m. to see she is stll on the way in.  Talk about bloody useless, they must have known that the timing had changed, but not updated the movements page.

If you get a shot Kelvin, Send me a stern one for Scanner !!!

A very disgruntled Allan 

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
Hi Allan,
Oh dear! I must admit I made it by the skin of my teeth.
"10.00 at the Hook; leave home at around 08:30, get there 09:30. No problem."
Got held up on the road between Totton and the Hythe turning by a bloody tractor but still go there at 09:25.
Chas and Trevor were there and so was the tanker! Approaching the Black Jack buoy.
Still, other than the fact I went all that way for one ship, it turned out OK.
You might get another chance tomorrow as it is due out in the morning.
It was virtually empty when it arrived, coming in on the low tide. I remarked to Chas they could probably discharge it with a couple of buckets!

By the way, for Spanner, VTS does show Suez Vasilis berthing on the 22nd. Mind you, it also shows Sallie Knutsen berthing at the same berth and the same time.
In fact, tomorrow looks a bit busy with both Zallaq and Montego due on berth 5 together!
Happy days!
Kelvin

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
Thats strange my VTS shows Suez Vasilia arriving 22nd from Le Harve at the Nab, no berthing time to berth 5. Still what do I know!

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »
Wonderful really, isn't it? (Alice in Wonderful, that is!).
I just checked the 19:10 version and it still shows From Le Havre, via the Nab berthing at number 5 with Sallie Knutsen via the Nab also on number 5. Both listed as AM.
Still, VTS also shows an LPG tanker Joan arriving on number 1 tomorrow morning. Sadly, Knightsbridge has been on that berth since yesterday and according to VTS is leaving it the day after Joan arrives.
Couldn't make it up, could you?
Kelvin

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »
I don't think you are reading the VTS movements correctly! An arrival date does not mean the day it is going to berth only its arrival at anchorage! In the case of movements inbound to Fawley when a time appears is when a pilot has been booked and the time is its arrival at hook buoy. Therefore you can have several ships arriving at the same time. Departure times are generally a little less reliable as sometimes posted by agents and not the terminal itself.
 Eliza should depart Sunday afternoon, around 13-1500

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 11:05:02 PM »
Hi All,

Lets just say i was as annoyed as Allan this morning!! I checked VTS last noight and she was showing 0345 so thought thats fine can go to the pub continue painting tomorrow and maybe she will sail in daylight, what as surprise i had when at 0930am i though lets have a check on vts and AIS only to see her on her way in! VTS as reliable as always again!

Thankyou Spanner for the info on arrivals as I always wondered why more than one ship shows arriving at no. 5 at the same time, so there are plkenty at anchor waiting to come in. Just hope Eliza sails on time tomorrow lets just say I will be checking vts often tomorrow!!

Rgds
Andrew 

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »
It was updated on vts last night in the small hours when most people are asleep. The problem was the late departure of the previous vessel.

Offline David Walker

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »
Hi Spanner,

Thanks for the information over the weekend -- she sailed bang on time in perfect light while all the yachties were having lunch.  Can't ask for more than that!

Cheers,
David.

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »
David
 No Problem, I keep ear to ground if anymore big ones are due. There are a few non regular ones due soon, but not VLCC. Glen Maye, not sure if been at Fawley before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk