Author Topic: XSR Interceptors  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
XSR Interceptors
« on: October 06, 2011, 06:20:46 PM »
Hi,

What category should I post this?
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1410654

According to the website its designed as a patrol vessel but does anyone actually operate them apart from James Bond? Didn't he use one on the Thames in a recent film.

Regards

Bob
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:22:42 PM by Robert J Smith »

BobS

Re: XSR Interceptors
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »
As far as I can see, no military or law enforcement agency has yet been attracted to this boat design. I can, on the other hand, imagine that anyone who has an interest in eluding the military or a law enforcement agency might have a considerable interest in acquiring one of these very fast boats.
I have to ask, though: is there really a place on this site - that calls itself SHIPspotting - for these piddling little BOATS?
I think NOT!
Just my own, personal view (and probably at-odds with the people who run this site).
Take it or leave it
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:25:54 PM by Bob Scott »

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: XSR Interceptors
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Thanks guys, that's why I asked the question as I could not see a category that it fitted, just went by the website description.
I think she is still a prototype hoping to get some sales but will put her in "Special Purpose" for now to await her "fate".

Perhaps we should consider a new category along then lines Bob mentioned called "piddling little BOATS that are the only thing moving on a crap weather day when we have a couple of hours to waste before going back to work".... or something like that  ;D

Best regards

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk