Author Topic: Seamark  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Seamark
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
Hi,

Anyone know the present role of the pilot boat SEAMARK?

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1303310

Museum ship, wreck or relic, privatly owned..

Regards

Bob

Offline Pier Master

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • The Pier Master
Re: Seamark
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
I will ask the Harbour Master what is happening with it when I see him tomorrow.
Blistering barnacles...

Offline Pier Master

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • The Pier Master
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
Hi Bob,

I didn't get to see him today, as soon as I do I will let you know.

Brian.
Blistering barnacles...

Offline Pier Master

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • The Pier Master
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »
Hi Bob,

ABP actually own the Seamark, but for the last few years the Sea Scouts have had operational control; that was until the local driving force of the Sea Scouts passed away.

It has now been 'donated' to the Swansea Maritime Museum, and will be delivered there when the 'berth' is ready for it.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Brian.
Blistering barnacles...

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:33 PM »
Hi Brian,

Many thanks for your help, my guess of Museum Ship as a category was almost spot on then  :)

Cheers

Bob

Offline DHB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
The Seamark Has Come Home To Swansea
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »
I am delighted to inform anyone interested that the Pilot Cutter Seamark has made her journey home to Swansea and at 18.00 on the 22nd August 2011 she passed through the lock gates and on into the commercial dock area.

She is now moored up and the final administrative paperwork is in the process of being done so that ownership of the Seamark can formally be passed from ABP to "The Pilot Cutter Seamark Charitable Trust", and restoration can then commence.

As soon as ownership is finalised the submission for registered charitable status will be made to the Charity Commission.

As soon as possible a dedicated website will be developed and the address will be:

www.pilotcutterseamark.org.uk

We are also discussing with ABP the possibility of allowing a limited number of visitors during restoration.

Until the website is live keep an eye on this site as I will be regularly updating the progress of the project.

I will also be putting up pictures of her return to Swansea in the next couple of days.

In the short term anyone with connections to the Seamark or interested in becoming a volunteer and assisting with the restoration can contact me at [email protected] until [email protected] becomes live.

Thanks to all for your good wishes and congratulatory e-mails - the easy bit is done, now the real work commences!

Hywel Benjamin, Administrator for the proposed Charitable Trust

Offline DHB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

The website is now available, however, there is nothing of note there at the present to see. (This will change as soon as possible)

What is now live is the method of contacting the Pilot Cutter Seamark Charitable Trust.

Anyone with information, requiring information or wishing to offer assistance, physical, financial or other please address your e-mails to:

[email protected]

Many thanks

Hywel Benjamin
Trust Administrator

Offline Tonga

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • SeaTheShips
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
Hywel Benjamin
Thanks for this - a most worthwhile project