Author Topic: Best Photo Locations  (Read 8252 times)

Offline Russell Judge

• Supporter
  • Just can't stay away
  • Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971
    • View Profile
Best Photo Locations
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
I am planning a major photo-tour of N European ports by car later this year. I have previously visited Terneuzen, Antwerp, Rotterdam and Ijmuiden.
I have seen very little mention of the "Spido" in Rotterdam; is this not considered to be very good (went on it some 15 years ago & seemed OK)
I would very much appreciate some advice for the best locations in the Bremen/Bremerhaven area together with Hamburg. I know of a Hamburg harbour tour (not been on it) but is there one for Bremen? I have detailed street maps of both cities but the last time I went, it seemd quite difficult to get decent shots of the docks.

Any assistance most appreciated

Offline J

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Best Photo Locations
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:39:35 AM »
Hi Russel,

For Hamburg you can go to the R

Offline Anton Heuff

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fleetfilerotterdam.nl
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:10 PM »
Hi Russell, and calling all stations!

There is a brand new excursion boat service at Bremerhaven, which will take you on a two hour trip on the Outer Weser along the Columbuskaje (cruise terminal) and Stromkaje (container terminals) towards the open sea and back. The boat is the GEESTEM
[color=000000]Anton Heuff[/color]

Offline Sasha

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 06:49:34 PM »
Hi Guys
This month I fly thought Amsterdam and hopefully will spend few hours for "hunting" for the ships
I would  appreciate your advice for the best locations in Amsterdam to see as much as possible...
Sasha

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
Hi Sasha,

I guess Amsterdam will be a dissapointment, there's not much to see.
I hope there are some Amsterdam based spotters who can tell you more/better news.

Cheers Fred

BobS

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
Sasha: If you have enough hours to spare on your visit to the Amsterdam area, I would suggest you head for Ijmuiden, where the big canal that serves Amsterdam meets the sea.

Offline E. Vroom

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »
Hi,

IJmuiden would indeed be the best place if you have little time. Here all ships pass the locks to all destinations beyond this point. Some lie before the Amsterdam port so you would miss those. The Amsterdam port is only accessible if you know your way around and have a car.

Go here: http://www.portofamsterdam.nl/smartsite139.dws the day before you fly, to get an impression on expected ships, departure and arrivals at the time you plan to be in IJmuiden and decide if it

Offline Sasha

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »
Guys,
Thanks a lot for your respond, indeed...
Espacialy to you E.Wroom for so detailed explanation.
Hopefully soon i'll give pleasure for a while by posting pictures from there...
Sasha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk