Author Topic: Date Captured vs Date Added  (Read 14953 times)

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Date Captured vs Date Added
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
Not entirely clear from Henrik's explanation whether the member-added "date of photo" is connected in any way with the server's calendar - it shouldn't be, as it's just an independent data field that doesn't need to link to anything, I think (it's not a searchable field).  Otherwise, I can see issues arising when the day entered is one that the Server hasn't reached yet.

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »
Hi David,

I think you must have misunderstood Henrik's explanation. You are right that the "date of photo" field is not connected to the server's calendar, this is the field that the member must fil in to indicate when the picture was taken. It is the "date added" field that is connected to the server and indicates when the picture was uploaded.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Kind regards
Cedric
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 06:32:19 PM »

John,

I cannot solve your problem remotely, I suggest you tick "Contact" in the Menu Bar and in the drop down list chose "Feedback or Report a Bug", send it off and we will see what happens, in the meantime I will see what I can do for you, what browser are you using.?

I cannot see why this is not working for you, I have no problem with using it.

Kind Regards
Ken

Ken

Thanks

I already sent the Contact message and I use Chrome and Firefox browsers getting the same result with incorrect Captured date showing.

Oldkayaker
John

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
Hi,

I use Chrome and Firefox as well and I have not had the same issues, although I have changed my settings for first day of the week to monday and it remains on sunday.

Kind regards
Cedric
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »
I can't see any reason for confusion.....date captured is the date the photo was taken, date added is the date the photo is uploaded to the site.  Simples.  Not exactly rocket science.

Allan

Seems to make sense,soo.. Allan, why are the date captured and date added showing as different dates when the poster enters the same date for both?

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 06:44:50 PM »
For Goodness sake!
Give it up and give us all a rest, please!
Nobody "adds" the date added. It is done automatically.
The software/server or whatever adds the time stamp to every submission when it is posted.
Same goes for you posts; you don't add a "date posted" do you?
No. But there it is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk