Author Topic: Deletions again  (Read 35314 times)

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Deletions again
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 02:56:37 PM »
good day all

defenitely in my opinion the RIJNBORG picture is a great shot and is good quality.
The deletion is nonsense to my thinking. However I have a suggestion, which may have been
made already but I did not see it.

Capt. Ted, it was not an admin foto.

Regds.
Juergen

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »
J

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
Well done Cornelia  ;D

Let me say this as a humble member and not as an admin, I agree 100% with what you say. We have a saying in Britain; EITHER PUT UP, OR SHUT UP!

You've deleted your photos Juergen, made your point, now leave us in peace.

Brgds
Phil

Offline Tomas

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=&uid=3166&orderby=hitsD
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
NOT AN ATTACK ON ANYBODY:
Just the haunting fact of this topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccmHwA-c4U&feature=fvw

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
Cornelia,
I have not brought back the theme to the forum, but I'm still a member, and as a member I feel so free to make my comment to a theme. Do I have no longer permission to do so?

BobS

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
J

Ron

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:20:20 PM by Ron van de Velde »

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
Capt. Ted, it was not an admin foto.

Regds.
Juergen

hi juergen,,what that has to do with the adm foto or not. Fact is that pictures will be deleted for this or that reason. We as members will ahve to live with that. Or as you did,
delete all your fotos. But then, if you decided already to delete all yourself why then keep bugging the adm,s and other members with keep going on this subject.
Cornelia and Phil are right as far as I am concerned. Show up or shut up.
you don,t like the site anymore, fine. Others do. Some changes may have to be made. sure
has to,,but please in a civilized manner and not keep ranting over just one subject.
It,s a waste of time, go , shoot some good pics and post them. As Ken said,,put them here,,or go elsewhere, but stop posting rather unimportant comments to no effecy other then seemingly annoy others.

happy new year
capt ted
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

BobS

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
Ron:
Matthew 5:9: "Blessed are the peacemakers . . . .."
Rgds
Bob
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:54:41 AM by Bob Scott »

Offline Jean Hemond

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jeanhemond.com/
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »
I will proceed delete  most of my photo from this website!
Sorry about that. I consider that I  am a  now a dedicated ship photographer of some standing.
 And from recent comments I had I cant have it both ways giving my pictures as free-bee and at the same time selling them for a fair price.

I had confidence that  shipping corporations would gladly accept to pay a minimal price.  
It is clearly from a  very recent inquiry from a major ,  not the case; it appears they grab any thing they can.

I will go on posting  here,  but only for short periods, some of my photos because this is a great sharing site.
I might have had kept a growing  interest should this site turn to allow for pro ships stock photo.
 I thank all of you for your dedication to our common passion a contribution to what is now my work.

There are many great ship photographers here  many that also get an income from their photographic talents; I would greatly like to benefit from their experience if they care  to PM me .
Jean.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:03:08 PM by Jean Hemond »

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2011, 10:25:22 PM »
Hi Jean,

I hope you do continue to post on here for the good side of it that you have mentioned.

If I understand the thrust of your message correctly you have been mis-treated by a shipping major with regard to the use of your photos?

Perhaps you could provide more detail in order that others can be wary of them?

Good luck with turning professional ship photographer, I hope it works out well for you.

Regards
John Jones
Any views expressed in the forum are my own personal opinions and are not to be taken as those of members of the admin team or of the site owners.

Offline Jean Hemond

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jeanhemond.com/
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »
Well I can't complaint too loudly! They were, until now, free for crews and amateurs. And they say, the companies, it is for internal presentations.  But what they do not say is presentation to potential clients.

Very difficult if impossible to check any of it at all!   Even I still have some ears in the industry.

I only want to recover my expenses and efforts to this passion!
I wont become rich and famous for sure but I will have great fun working.  That if the management tasks don't overcome the creative passion.

Webshots.com  for one, the largest photo sharing album on the web  allows for pro-stock-photo!
Why this shipsspotting site wouldn't take advantage of its niche position in this specialized market by selling the download of HQ ships photos or very interesting ones? The tools for managing such an  option are already available as a kit .

But I would suggest no third party management to check upon, for the selling op.
I would much prefer to do this here than on a general  photographers stock-photo website that I am considering from now on.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk