Author Topic: Norway  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Norway
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:22:28 AM »
News this morning from a demolition broker that the NORWAY is being circulated for sale as a potential demolition candidate.

Phil

Offline Bernard Duchemin

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Re: Norway
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 09:37:20 AM »
Phil,

Wasn't it the case since quite sometime already? in fact since she left Bremen?

Regards
Bernard

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 09:47:19 AM »
Dear Phil,

Do you know where she is now, at this moment?

Rgds,

Willem Johan

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 11:44:16 AM »
Willem Johan: No, I'm sorry I don't know where she is, but there was an unconfirmed report on another forum that she was seen passing Singapore in tow last week.

Bernard: Yes, I believe NCL/Star had previously circulated the vessel some time ago. However, that never came to anything and it would appear that she was withdrawn from the market when Star decided to take her to Port Klang. This is a brand new new offering that brokers are receiving today.

Phil

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 03:41:22 PM »
I understand that the turbines on Norway have been partially dismantled and several Indian scrap merchants have inspected her. Not a good sign!

regards Glencairn :-(
regards Glencairn :-) :pint:

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 10:50:56 AM »
Got to rember though if she still has Asbestos and other toxics on her, the Indian Goverment will not allow it any where near the place due to the new laws.  I don't know about other Asain demolition yards.

But if Star as the owners of NCL do sell her to a breaker, it would be intresting about the legacality of that as I belive that now days a ship has to be striped of all contaminants before it goes to the breakers, so Star could be in a bit of trouble here seeing they have pulled it half way round the world.

If a demolition brooker is handling it, then Star have basicly lied to a lot of people including the Singaporean Goverment over the plans for the vessel.

I did read that they were still planing to refurbish her and were looking at gettin a cheap breaker to strip her in preparation for refit, looks like now they are going to do more than strip it!

What a shame, first the Oriana and now the Norway

Offline alain marc deluy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://wwW.LeGlaneur.info
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 09:25:16 AM »
Bonjour,

J'ai fait un r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk