Author Topic: Deletions again  (Read 35316 times)

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
Re: Deletions again
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 06:30:26 AM »
Just wondering, how do we access 'photos considered for deletion', it's not in the "category quicklist"?

Regards

Bob

Thanks for asking that question Bob, I thought it was only me being daft!
Having found it, I see there is one photo in that category but I note there is no comment explaining why it is considered for deletion. It seems to me a very good photo.
Kelvin

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »
And the admin containerships did it again, he deleted 2 wonderful fotos with at least 13 comments and no webmaster or other official of this site protects the member for this man.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ez2p87.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/s4xfo0.jpg

Offline carimar

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • SwissShips
Re: Deletions again Valparaiso Express
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 08:28:21 AM »
thats indeed a pity, really nice pictures, i do not understand the reason. uploading pic's here might be waist of time. i've loved to look at the winterly VALPARAISO EXPRESS, now she has gone  ??? ???  :(  :'(

Offline Stan Muller

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • My album
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 09:50:26 AM »
UNBELIEVABLE

Offline Tomislav Raymondi

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Deletions again
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »
Dear Friends

This topic of deletions can have thousands of interpretations, when is referred to details of the photos such as size of vessels if light is abaft or fcrward, if horizon is highly or little sloped or tilted and so on.

In order to finish with all this endless discussions I suggest that photoes which are really bad can be deleted without any explanation, for instance blurred photos, part of vessels only and so on.

Kind Regards

Tomislav Raymondi.

Offline Marcel & Ruud Coster

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 09:13:41 AM »
Hello everybody,

Last night I stood at 10230 photos!!
This morning I check the site and i'm on 10229 photos?
who deleted some pictures without messages????

Regards, Marcel

Offline snocky

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »
I would just like to say happy new year to derek, ken & all people out there who do such a wonderful job with SHIPSPOTTING for us users. We should be ever so greatful to these 2 plus a lot of others world wide who give of their time & talents to allow sea lovers like me to have such a free site that i love & am able to use to keep in touch with sea life. God bless you all & keep healthy & keep up such a beautiful site for us older seadogs.           

Offline Stan Muller

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • My album
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
I have been deleting for some time now. Over 500 photos deleted, because I think quality prefers over quantity. I cannot delete some pics, because of the following reason:
"Error deleting: Unknown column 'date' in 'field list'"

Can somebody advise me how to delete a photo, when this occurs?

thanks and rgds

Stan

Offline Derek Lilley

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
Hi Stan,

I will pass your comments on to Henrik and get back to you.

Kind regards
Derek

Offline Andreas Spörri

• Top Poster
  • https://www.flickr.com/photos/119188412@N02/sets
    • View Profile
    • My pictures by Flickr
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 05:31:07 PM »
The same problem by this pic

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1233836

I dont can delte because of the reason: Error deleting: Unknown column 'date' in 'field list'

Regards
Andreas

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2011, 06:33:35 PM »

First a happy new year to all of you, specially to the adminteam.
A special hello to those members who have the courage to go through their photos and delete those that do not meet the sitestandards or their own high standards.
I myself do not have the time to go through my photos at this moment, if the adminteam find some that do not meet the standard, be my guest. (not too many pls ;-)

Have fun
Fred

Offline Derek Lilley

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »
Hi Stan and Andreas,

I have been informed by Henrik that the problem you have been having with deleting should
now be solved.
If any further problems please let me know.

Kind regards
Derek

Offline Andreas Spörri

• Top Poster
  • https://www.flickr.com/photos/119188412@N02/sets
    • View Profile
    • My pictures by Flickr
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »
Hi Derek,

yes the deliting is ok now.

Thanks
Andreas

Offline Stan Muller

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • My album
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
Thanks, just deleted another 10.
rgds Stan

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »
good day all

defenitely in my opinion the RIJNBORG picture is a great shot and is good quality.
The deletion is nonsense to my thinking. However I have a suggestion, which may have been
made already but I did not see it.
Here it is

When a picture is choosen for deletion why not put it in a special cathegory on the site
(for example, "VOTE, on hold for delete/stand by")  and then let the members vote on it.
Once the vote count is in, will say 50 members say it,s a good shot withhin a certain time period and worth to be retained, it will be reposted to the correct cathegory.

I had about 15-20 pictures deleted over time(may be more), thats out of about 8150 posted not bad, one for example, the vessel was already
quite well documented as reason for deletion :the shot was zoomed and slight hazy because of hot weather.
which is not uncommon when one passes with a ship a coastline. My understanding is that it is a "ship-spotting" site !!!!.
another one was just recently ,a dredge working at night in the panama canal widening
project. the reason given: not all details could be seen clearly, ok,,but then all night shots have to be deleted. I am not sure,but I think there are not much night shots of dredges working on the panama canal widening,which surely is a historical event, on this site, but nevertheless it was deleted.(and grudgingly accepted :-) )

However the pictures should have a certain standard and oneself is often not to objective of it,s own shots. But then, does it make sense to have on this site some containerships (CSAV Santos for example, which I sailed twice as Capt 2004 and 2008) for 187th time steaming up and down the schelde/maas/elbe ?
For the purpose of pure spotting it would be fine but for a site where one can go and research/look/enjoy ships it does not make really sense to see the same vessel for the "umteenth" time from the stb side steaming down a river.

just some thoughts
rgds
to all and a happy and healthy 2011
capt ted

NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk