Author Topic: Where will MV Caribou and MV Smallwood end up??  (Read 106577 times)

Offline Stephen Ings

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Where will MV Caribou and MV Smallwood end up??
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »
Ericson left Halifax today at noon.
:-o

Offline Kyle Larabee

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bobtrucker123
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »
Ok.
Did any one get a Personal Message from Deputy Webmaster ?

Offline Dean Porter

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2011, 09:24:28 PM »
I did. Its pretty bad when some people have nothing better to do but complain about a topic that is of interest to us in this part of the world.

If there were topic that was no interest to me in another part of the world,  I wouldn't read it, but anyway.

I'm done with the forums.

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • bayferryman09's channel
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
I did. Its pretty bad when some people have nothing better to do but complain about a topic that is of interest to us in this part of the world.

If there were topic that was no interest to me in another part of the world,  I wouldn't read it, but anyway.

I'm done with the forums.

I totally agree with you 100% Dean!!  That's why I wasn't around for a while.  I'm sorry to hear your'e not participating in the forums anymore :'(

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2011, 10:34:50 PM »
well i guess they dont like the fact we discuss the ships that we like and how hey are treated... i guess if we were in a different part the world and discussed the ships there it would be ok.. looks like they dont want us talking here in Canada about these ships i hve been looking at the boards here last few weeks most the time if we didnt talk the board would be stalled for days
:lol:  :-D  :-D

Offline Gulfspan

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »
Gulfspan
There are two sides to the equation, commercial and passenger related traffic. The new vessels will meet the needs of the commercial industry. The question now becomes will they meet the needs of the passenger sector.Kasco

good point ..cant get any worse..

Offline Gulfspan

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2011, 10:43:51 PM »
Despite everything here boys...I'd buy ya's all a pint wether ya wanted to sit at the same table as me or not...

Offline Ben Mugford

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
Despite everything here boys...I'd buy ya's all a pint wether ya wanted to sit at the same table as me or not...

That would make for an interesting conversation. Perhaps the staff would ask us to stop talking too LOL
Camera: Nikon D90 w/ 18-105mm Lens

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
  you might be right .. who knows MA or otterwa might have said something to provoke this
:lol:  :-D  :-D

Offline Mac Mackay

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Shipfax
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2011, 01:57:22 AM »
Actually Ericson did not leave Halifax today. Things rarely happen on time at Halifax Shipyard, so maybe tomorrow.

Some people can't help but vent. If the moderator wanted to block objectionable posts I think he should do so, that way the valuable info could still be imparted in these forum topics.

Perhaps someone should start a facebook page or blog on the topic and then we could move all the traffic over there, freeing up this site.

I see the moderator's point, and it is up to us to stick a bit closer to the topic.

Offline Kai R

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2011, 06:53:11 AM »
I see the moderator's point, and it is up to us to stick a bit closer to the topic.
it

Offline Ben Mugford

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:25 AM »
Since the main subject of all these topics is Marine Atlantic, it might be best to just have one thread called "Marine Atlantic" where we can discuss everything going on.
For me personally the ferries are a big interest of mine, and I check the forums regularly to hear of any news. Hard to hear anything otherwise when you're across the province.
Camera: Nikon D90 w/ 18-105mm Lens

Offline newf

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
I work accross the road from where the leif ericson is dock, should be leaving soon there isn't much activity going on there for the past couple of days, the only thing i see that needs to be done on the outside is for the emergency life raft to be installed, the paint job looks pretty much done "look great too". Should take one more picture before she leaves

Offline Jarrod David

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
My last posting in these forums I'm done with it. I started on on facebook anyone feel free to join. here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_205732132788620#!/home.php?sk=group_205732132788620&ap=1

Thanks
Jarrod
[color=0066FF]Jarrod David[/color][/b]

Offline Don Merritt

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
Thanks Jarrod . .  I'm with you there on the new group. I don't know who or what the complaints were all about. Nothing to see here folks . .  move along. Don't like the topic, just skip over it and move along. A few spooks here seem to enjoy ruining conversations they don't partake in anyway. Whiners . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk