Author Topic: 1 Million Photos  (Read 67402 times)

Ron

Re: 1 Million Photos
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
Full ships only Derek otherwise they are deleted :P

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »
Does that mean that if they are empty they will be deleted   :)

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »
Hm... makes me wonder what will happen with all the containerships(photos) which's superstructure is obstructed by containers ? Off to the virtual scrapyard ?  :o :o

Ron

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 08:53:27 PM »

Offline Cody Williams

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ~Ydoc~ on Flickr
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »
Is it possible, to have a kind of little program, that does allow us to have a personal friend list in our profile ? This would be very easy. It would be a nice thing, on weekend - look the friendlist, browse their photos. Such, could perhaps help, not to let the site get too un-personal.

Hi Cornelia,

We have a Buddy List which is kind of similar. You can add buddies by clicking 'add buddy' on the members profile.  :)

Kind Regards,
Cody

Offline Andreas Schlatterer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »
Hello

by reading this thread discussions was also started about the new site itself. As  members already said before we had enough time to give our suggestions so don
Capesize

proby

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
I`m gone.

Andrea (Proby)

Offline Henrik Soderberg

• Administrator
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2010, 05:23:07 PM »
Hi,

The new features will promote diversity and quality in ways that never existed on the old site, and that doesn't exist (yet) on this new site. This will overcome some of the problems discussed in this thread.

Regards,
Henrik

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »
This is humor,   

Everytime I see Ken Smith i get a shock.He looks like a brigadeer general from the second world war!
People are afraid of You and all of Your titles!

I for one aren't afraid of Ken or anyone on this site. In fact I have the greatest of admiration for Ken and all the volunteers who put so much effort into this site and helped make it what it is.

I'd be interested to know why this gentleman is under the impression we are afraid.

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 07:05:52 PM »
I told You, I would be back!

I am talking to the ShipSpotting.Com concept and not a single person!

Well, I will try and reply a few points to make this a better place to be:

1: Lighten a bit up ShipSpotting.Com according to Your photograph politics / You have done that :-)

2: Get rid of the stars and titles / Why not try something new again and get rid of the stars and titles which is as You say from the old sites time.You can easily be an Admin of this and that and be a TopPoster with out showing it on the surface.Is it really necessary for You to have Your titles and stars?

3: Remove threads and comments in the forum which offends or insults people in general.By offends and insults means.Insults and offends in general / You have`nt done that yet..But it can maybe give You a more harmonic and freindly place to be!

It is okay to have and show humor.There is nothing wrong with that.If You give humor You have to allow humor against Yourself to.

But there is a difference between humor and insults.!

To show You the difference here is an example from this thread:

This is humor,   

Everytime I see Ken Smith i get a shock.He looks like a brigadeer general from the second world war!
People are afraid of You and all of Your titles!

These are insults,   Not only against me but many people in general!

Hehe, yes, its falling sharply, better alert cnn. Start behaving like an adult and dont attack people for how they look, how goddamn stupid are you, really?
I aint pleased with how this site is developing either, but trolling like you are doing here...
Well, feel free to make a fool of  youself even more, i dont care.

Mr Stilling needs to put his own house in order before he passes ANY comment on the problems of this one. And he also ought to put his shirt on: otherwise people might think him gay/exhibitionist/both or just plain daft!
His site is a joke and an insult to ship enthusiasts world-wide!
I now look forward to being banned from it. (In fact I would rather like to be dissociated from it!)

Well, Do You get the picture?

Best regards

Klaus

WHAT is up with this guy?

He's like television, repeat, repeat, repeat...

Bob  >:(

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »
Santa Klaus comes once a year and is much appreciated by all.

Our Klaus seems to need to repeat himself at length daily.  Please restrain yourself until you have something new (and interesting) to add.  I think we have heard your point of view.

David

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
Hello Klaus,

I think, you need some cheer up, or "lighten up" as you have said in your ever repetitive post  ;D

1. Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefRCQrQA-g

2. Imagine, the stars which disturb you so much, were flowers or little rainbows.

Any better ??  ;)

At least, this is something for me, and the shipspotting. Not just a photo uploaded, but also together with the photo, some nice days or nice voyage remembered. Of course you can also try, and book a trip on a cargoship, it's even more relaxing and no cold feet in winter hehe..

OK, then last thing, try this:

Take warm clothes, take your car, take a train, and go to some nice shipspotting-location. Spend a day taking photos of ships, enjoy getting back into the warm apartment in the evening, and upload the photos on a site of your choice.

Now, I am sure, this would help !  :P
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:39:40 PM by Cornelia Klier »

Offline Henrik Soderberg

• Administrator
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »
Hi,

Just a short note on the stars. It's a feature included in the forum software we use. By color you can see if someone has an administrative role on the site easier. It's also a hint for both forum moderators, members and visitors for how active a person is in the forum. We can easily spot a new user with a bad post (like spam), and get rid of it. 

Regards,
Henrik

Ron

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »

Offline Hannes van Rijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/userinfo.php?uid=20488
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »
Hi Cornelia.

I totally agree with you suggestion.Go outside,enjoy the day and make some great ships pictures.
Upload them , on the side you like.

Rgds:Hannes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk