Author Topic: APPLEDORE SHIP BUILDERS  (Read 11701 times)

Offline NZJollyJack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
APPLEDORE SHIP BUILDERS
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:09:28 AM »
HI every one,
Some time ago I emailed Appledore Ship Builders to see if they could supply me with a set of plans and GA of the weather Class Ships they built for Offshore Marine in the 70

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: APPLEDORE SHIP BUILDERS
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »
Geoff,

Appledore Shipbuilders Ltd. went into receivership in 2003 and was aquired by the owners of Devonport Dockyard, DML. Knowing what I know about shipbuilders, I'm afraid that it is unlikely that the present yard owners will have access to ship plans from the old Appledore yard, hence why you have not heard from them.

I would suggest contacting the current owner of the LUNDY SHORE, now named AMARCO LYNX, and see if they can help.
http://www.amarco-group.com/

Brgds
Phil

Offline NZJollyJack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
Thanks for that Phil, I've had a look at their web site and it looks very promising.
The model on my web site is from a kit set that was available through the company in the late 70's. I now regret selling her in London before I returned to NZ. Getting abit sentamental in old age! Ha Ha.
Cheers,
Geoff

Offline seaway7228

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
On both occasions I have looked for plans, I have ended up in local maritime museum archives with good results and a lot of help*. It seems builders are more interested in day to day business with little sentimental attachment to anything they sell. *Cost unfortunately goes along with it, but if that is not an issue, then try local archives. Both my plans were for older general cargo going back to mid 50s. Eventually I got what I was looking for.

Offline Gulfspan

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:22:36 PM by Gulfspan »

Offline tigtercub33

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Geof,  if you log on to National Maritime Museum they will be able to help, as all records of ships built in england are sent to N.M.M.and there will of corse be a FEE charged, at the moment i am waiting for plans for a salvage vessel that i worked on, i think the FEE is charged on the time it takes to locate the plans you are requesing, plus you have the disadvantage of being overseas, mind you with all that rain you are having you might have to build a full size boat,  take and good luck with your project  tigercub33    bill   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk