Author Topic: Bergen information, please.  (Read 2359 times)

Offline polsteam

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://ships.greenet.pl/photo
Bergen information, please.
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:55 PM »
I will be in Bergen with quite a lot of free time to fill between September 22 and 26...

Would anyone be so kind to supply some information helpful for shipspotter, shiplover ?...

- Any good vantage / observation / spotting points are available (preferably within a walking distance from the city centre) ?...

- Do you know of any MARITIME events to take place in the period of September 22-26 - for example any new ship name-giving / flag hoisting / comissioning ?...

- are there any short range ferries running from Bergen (double-ended ferries / fjord ferries) ?   if the answer is "yes", then - are they running on the routes attractive for a shipspotter (routes from which you can take photos of ships passing by or berthed at terminals or yards) ?...

Kindest regards,

Peter
despite using "polsteam" for my nick I have NO personal (professional) or business connections with the company of the same name

Offline Gilles Barnichon

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • My books
Re: Bergen information, please.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »
Hello,

Many things to do and to see there. Maritime museum is very interesting and visitors always warm welcomed. Harbour is downtown located and you can have a lot of pictures of several kind of ships (old-preserved, special purpose for offshore, cruiseships...).

Have a nice trip.

Offline Bjarne Pettersen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bergen information, please.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
There are local ferries, but they won't give very much. If there are ships in V

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk