ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bergen information, please.  (Read 2105 times)
polsteam
Top Poster

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:55 pm »

I will be in Bergen with quite a lot of free time to fill between September 22 and 26...

Would anyone be so kind to supply some information helpful for shipspotter, shiplover ?...

- Any good vantage / observation / spotting points are available (preferably within a walking distance from the city centre) ?...

- Do you know of any MARITIME events to take place in the period of September 22-26 - for example any new ship name-giving / flag hoisting / comissioning ?...

- are there any short range ferries running from Bergen (double-ended ferries / fjord ferries) ?   if the answer is "yes", then - are they running on the routes attractive for a shipspotter (routes from which you can take photos of ships passing by or berthed at terminals or yards) ?...

Kindest regards,

Peter
Report to moderator   Logged

despite using "polsteam" for my nick I have NO personal (professional) or business connections with the company of the same name
Gilles Barnichon
Home away from home

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:30:01 pm »

Hello,

Many things to do and to see there. Maritime museum is very interesting and visitors always warm welcomed. Harbour is downtown located and you can have a lot of pictures of several kind of ships (old-preserved, special purpose for offshore, cruiseships...).

Have a nice trip.

Bjarne Pettersen
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:49:10 pm »

There are local ferries, but they won't give very much. If there are ships in Vågen you'd like to take pictures of you can take 'Beffen' wich is a small harbour ferry. You can take the local hi-speed ferry to Askøy, but again you might not get much from it. I am not sure if it's still running but there used to be a harbour cruise and I think the boat is called  'White Lady'. If you have a rental you could drive out to the Askøy bridge and catch the ships as they pass, but you should check the schedules at Bergen Harbour first or time it with Ais.  Send me an e-Mail and I could mark som places on a map.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: