Author Topic: New shipspotting.com site almost ready  (Read 19772 times)

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
Re: New shipspotting.com site almost ready
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »
I think I have seen another couple of issues;
The first photograph in General Cargo section is Grande Buenos Aires. There is a thumbnail but no photograph, no photographer name and of course it is in the wrong category.
Second is the forum; it seems to be open to spam. The top item today is a post from 3 hours ago and this is spam from Russia.

Kelvin

Offline Sascha Heuer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihmo-media.com
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 09:02:13 AM »
COKL wrote: Oh, and - don't forget to rely on some of the design elements of this site here. It would be a shame if we wouldn't have the members search function anymore, the top-posters list and the who's online list !

I agree with Cornelia. These are important things for me and other user and now belong to the social contact elements of a page.

My opinion: very good design, good menu navigation. I look forward to the launch.

brgds
Sascha

Offline Michael van der Meer

• Top Poster
  • Supervisor Regional Operations Centre @ HMM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »
I fully agree with Cornelia.

Other issue perhaps and I believe it an old issue, if every member would have the choice to donate a small(er) amount of money every year (EUR 79 too much), could you keep the site free of banners and another annoying adds?
Michael van der Meer

All posts, views, comments etc., are my own.

Clyde Dickens

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2010, 09:45:49 PM »
Pieter Inpyn (pm_inpyn) asked about searching within categories.

Our programmer has completely revised the earlier beta Category analysis.  

To search for photos in a nominated subcategory, use the following sequence

Click Advanced Search at top right hand corner of the screen, on form change All Categories to required subcategory, leave blank Ship name and IMO number, click Search Now

If the category name is selected, photos not allocated to a subcategory will be shown

Clyde

Offline Andre Brandao

• Administrator
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 01:54:48 AM »
Work is about to be finished on the beta site and migration will start in 24-72 hours as soon as we get total approval from site administrators. During the migration the old and new sites will be offline for a period of 24-48 hours (DNS re-routing).

All reported problems are now corrected (DWT and Flag are now present) but, as any new site/software, bugs will exist. We have our team ready for any corrections and implementation of new suggestions.

One more time this site is for all of us (yes, I'm also a ship spotter and will upload all my photos once the new site is ready). I'm sure you will like the job we've been developing for the last months.

Offline E. Vroom

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »
Hi Andre,

Could you present us your to do list in order of what will be handled first.
This way we will know which ideas still will be implemented after migration.
It could avoid double reactions or provoke additions and/or advises to the ideas.
If you could realize an estimated time path along with it, we will also know how much patience  we have to practice on the individual items.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk