Author Topic: Ferry Stavanger-Newcastle  (Read 4277 times)

Offline utferd

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Ferry Stavanger-Newcastle
« on: April 16, 2010, 08:44:47 PM »
Stavanger area is planning a special ferrycrossing Stavanger-Newcastle with the GANN, IMO8019344, former Hurtigrute Narvik(1982) for to help stranded students in England, also room for some few passengers. Dep NC 17042010 at 2000?

Offline Henry Pattison

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ferry Stavanger-Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:27 AM »
Looks like its just left Stavanger, showing an ETA at port of Tyne 18/4/2010 8-30am.

Offline Morten

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:12:56 PM »
The Ferry companies are absolutely loving this air plane mayhem! I worked on the ferry Bergensfjord for 6 months, and I've heard from my former colleagues on the ferry that they have never been this busy as Fjord line and Color line are basically the only way to get from Norway to continental europe for the time being!

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 04:42:26 AM »
Right, back to the roots! There are always winners and loosers.
By the way: Gann is expected to be back in Stavanger sunday evening on 21.00h according to the NRK website.

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »
Nice shots of the Gann here and here.
Certainly there are some more shots on this site. Just browse the IMO.

Also the cruiseship Fram is taking some passengers on her cruise through the baltic.
Example: From Oslo to Tallinn for NOK 7500.-. Nice Idea!

Offline alanp

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
can someone please explain why it would normally take 18 weeks to organise a normal voyage betwen N/Castle and Stavanger but this was done in 18 hours, just baffles me why it takes so long.

Offline JonHare

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jhphotos.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 09:28:40 PM »
I think one of the reasons why this trip was organised at such short notice. Was the overwhelming demand for the trip to Newcastle/ England. As well as those wanting to get out of England. As demand was so intense that bookings were able to be snapped up in a matter of minutes being advertised. Such as the need for people wanting to get back home, or somewhere to get on their way home. By all accounts tickets weren't cheap for this trip, as some news reports saying that people were paying hundreds of pounds to use it. I think I heard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk