Author Topic: Limit of 6 per session for interior pictures ???!!!  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Pascal

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Limit of 6 per session for interior pictures ???!!!
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
I have the chance to visit a decent number of cruise ships a year, including a lot of cruise ships. I take interior pictures and I post some, usually about a dozen featuring different rooms of per vessel. I don't think the limitation of 6 pictures per session shall apply as we are talking of pictures showing completely different things onboard a ship. I'm waiting for your thoughts as we have currently a moderator hunting this kind of things.

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Limit of 6 per session for interior pictures ???!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 03:33:10 PM »
Hi Pascal,

I can't see a problem myself if they are photos of different areas inside the vessel, totally different from external shots of the ship.

Keep posting

Regards

Bob

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »
The main problem here is the fact that there isn't a FAQ specifically for Interior Shots. Personally I think that the Category does need some firm guidance as of late there have been all sorts of shots ranging from cupboards to pool tables.

As to the 6 shot rule, well I think it would take a wise man to work that one into the set of Standards that we have presently, after all the shots taken by Pascal could very well have been taken on a whole host of different days (sessions).

Perhaps on the new site we will have a fresh (new) set of FAQ's  :-)

Regards (Post#1)

Offline Frank Behrends

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
Hi Pascal
we think, the policy to allow only six interior photos, taken of one ship in one session, is covered by our rules. We will soon have a FAQ for Ship Interior to make this clear.
Regards, Frank

Offline Pascal

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
My point is that for interior pictures the concept of session is a bit void as a room will look exactly the same every day and in every port... That''s why I think as well that specifying the place and the date of the picture is pointless.

For example, the 14 pictures I posted of the Voyager of the Seas are actually coming from 4 or 5 sessions taken in different ports.I just think it's more consistent to post all of them at the same time.

They are all showing  totally different areas of the ship and I think they are good and interesting pictures... I don't see why some of them would be deleted, especially considering the fact that they would be all allowed If I had posted them at different times.

Of course, if I posted 10 pictures of every lounge, I would understand the deletions... This category needs rules, but I really don't think they must be adapted from exterior pictures ones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk