Author Topic: PONL/Maersk Service changes  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
PONL/Maersk Service changes
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:01:08 PM »
Hi There,

We have been advised at work that Maersk intend to move the 4100/Albatross class vessels from their current RTW Eastabout service and to place them on a service from Australasia to the USEC.
I am unsure if this involves all the seven vessels or not.

If this is true, you guys in Europe better get your cameras out quickly to get them in their new names.

I shall advise further as we are advised.

Rgds/Mike
Hilifta

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: PONL/Maersk Service changes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 05:41:53 PM »
Hi there,

Further to mine of yesterday, it is confirmed that all 7  PONL chartered 4100's plus the existing Maersk vessels, Josephine,Jens,Nysted and Nexo Maersks will be involved in this service.
The other 3 Contship 4100's will presumably stay in some form of RTW service.
Have no idea yet on what form this service will be.

Ports of Auckland also announced yesterday that their new Operations manager will be Jens Madsen formerly of Maersk. He was the original NZ manager for Maersk. He has latterly been Maesrk's worldwide reefer fleet manager.
Now there is all sorts of speculation about Maersk taking over The Akl terminal.
In fact one staff member asked if he was coming with his pot of blue paint!!.

It is very interesting times.

Rgds/Mike
Hilifta

Offline corrie

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »
Hi Mike i used to photograph at Auckland quite abit in the late 90's. in your opinion if Maersk takes over will it just be Fergusson Container terminal or will Bledisloe West be affected?
Cheers Corrie

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 06:40:26 AM »
Hi there Corrie,

This is all very much speculation, I must emphasise this.

But yes, I beleive that if this does happen, they will only take over Ferguson. I beleive Bledisloe will go to Toll.
FYI, the  Auckland Regional Holdings, a local govt body, took sole ownership of the POAL earlier this year. They are really only interested in shops, apartments and parks on the waterfront and for this reason I beleive there will be no commercial port west of Bledisloe.

They will then take the easy way out and contract out the two terminals.
They are here to improve the general infrastructure of the city in general, not to run a port.

But time will tell, this is just my feelings.

Rgds/Mike
Hilifta

Offline Paul Richardson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prnewsservice.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 10:57:38 AM »
Hi everyone
Hope you're well
Just thought you might be interested in this published by my own news company PR News Service earlier this month - http://www,prnewsservice.com

Round-the-World service update

The lines involved in the Eastabout and Westabout round-the-world services

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 12:24:41 PM »
hi,

many thanks for the information, do you have any details on the port rotation for the new far east europe strings? I have read in lloyds list that maersk intends to call at southampton in the (UK) for 3 far east strings, do you know if this is correct?

Offline Paul Richardson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prnewsservice.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 01:56:47 PM »
hi pal
P&O Nedlloyd operates abt 24 post-panamax ships in the Grand Alliance Asia/Europe trade, which, when shifted to Maersk, will be enough to launch three new strings

Felixstowe cannot handle all the Maersk services on this trade which would be around 10,. so logically, and i'm sure my colleagues at Lloyds List work on logic! and no more in this case, SCT would be looking to have the three new strings in there

Top man at SCT says the terminal is discussing with Maersk

Kindest regards
Paul Richardson
Publishing Editor
PR News Service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk