Author Topic: " PETER M " ex 152 'fishing trawler built year 1947 by Bath Iron Works  (Read 6309 times)

Offline fredboels

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
hello,

I search a ship built 1947 by Bath Iron Works as a 152' fishing trawler, IMO: 5132717,  GROSS TONNAGE: 446 tons, and named " PETER M " and converted as a motor yacht, previously called " QUICKSILVER " as a dive support ship. I suppose her home port is now Portsmouth VA or CHESAPEAKE VA.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

F.Boels

Offline Michael Martin

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: " PETER M " ex 152 'fishing trawler built year 1947 by Bath Iron Works
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 04:08:38 PM »
Well Fred, there doesn't seem to any images readily available here on Shipspotting but with the power of Google you can see possible images here: http://bit.ly/dpzGDS
and here: http://bit.ly/9S5Umo

The images seem to show a vessel in Turkey in April 2008 with the name Peter M, no idea if it is the same vessel.

The original name was Godefroy de Bouillon and it was one of a bunch of Trawlers built for the French Government from Oct 1947 to Feb 1949 - they must have been very busy putting out 32 Trawlers.

Offline Michael Martin

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »
To add more mess to the mix...in my internet search I found this from the boatnerd archives:

Quick Silver

Email: cworkman at iaw.on.ca
Remote Name: 216.59.235.49
Date: 08/20/04
Time: 08:54:04 PM

Comments

Saw a unique looking trawler,tug going through the Welland canal with a very unique paint job called the Quicksilver anyone know the history on it? I did a search but nothing came up. thanks Craig

Unfortunately the photo link of the image is long gone.

I'm thinking the images I linked to were of an unrelated vessel, but who knows? I sent an email to the boatnerd poster but who knows if the email is still active?

Offline Michael Martin

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
Oh well, the email came back undeliverable. So Fred, that's as far as I can go for now.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »

pinemikey wrote:
To add more mess to the mix...in my internet search I found this from the boatnerd archives:

Quick Silver

Email: cworkman at iaw.on.ca
Remote Name: 216.59.235.49
Date: 08/20/04
Time: 08:54:04 PM

Comments

Saw a unique looking trawler,tug going through the Welland canal with a very unique paint job called the Quicksilver anyone know the history on it? I did a search but nothing came up. thanks Craig

Unfortunately the photo link of the image is long gone.

I'm thinking the images I linked to were of an unrelated vessel, but who knows? I sent an email to the boatnerd poster but who knows if the email is still active?

Hi Mike

Wonder if this is her at this link - http://www.marinapuestadelsol.com/directions.html

http://www.marinapuestadelsol.com/images/245_P7190011bw.jpg

Regards

Offline fredboels

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
Thanks, but it is not the same vessel. She looks like a north sea side trawler 152 ' long .

BR

F Boels

Offline razorboy

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
there is a QUIKSILVER ,note spelling, Honduran flag. built at K B Welding,Brisbane,Australia( 65gross) 1972 as RADER...later INDIES TRADER. lengthened to 75 feet in 1999 at Pandan S Y ,Singapore.
(?) to Quiksilver Crossing (sales promotion company ??)
in New York July 2004 with Great Lakes as an intended destination.
at that time she was orange hulled with blue and green waves and stuff painted all over her.
the PETER M out of Portsmouth ,Va. ,the 139 foot converted trawler, WAS named QUICKSILVER. IMO#5132717.

Offline fredboels

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
if you have informations, my email is   [email protected]

thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk