Author Topic: MIRAMAR  (Read 4781 times)

Offline K. Watson

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
MIRAMAR
« on: January 08, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
Hi All:Evidently the MIRIMAR site will no longer be free to access after 19 Jan 2010. This is too bad as the site offers a valuable historical reference for Shipspotters and other Marine followers. A reflection of the times unfortunately. Rgds,Capnken

Re: MIRAMAR
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:18:59 PM »
I think Roger sets out the reasons for the annual subscription well  @ http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz/ - sign of the times?, yes, increased costs and lack of sponsorship. Still at 20 US Bucks per annum it is a price well worth paying for the depth of knowledge the site holds.

Offline Marc Piché

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Agreed as well.
His site is the only reference tool on the net regarding older ships at large and it's continually being updated.

Marc

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:33:19 PM »
Roger is to be congratulated at pitching the subscription at US$20 for such an invaluable resource. Information on older ships such as IMO numbers and naming history is very hard to come by.
I for one will be paying that fee with no hesitation.
Regards
John J.
Any views expressed in the forum are my own personal opinions and are not to be taken as those of members of the admin team or of the site owners.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »
My daughter owns a VISA CARD and she is willing to pay the fee for me and 2 more friends.
$20.-  greenbucks is app.15.-

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »
Why is your bank charging you extra ..with Visa card its $20,

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
I personally have no VISA-Card, so I wanted to transfer the money from bank to bank. For this moneytransfer of 15.-

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »
Miraflores, now I understand. I misunderstood, but did not want you giving money to your bank when then are "free" options.

Bob Scott

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
Despite being Scotsman (and thus allegedly reluctant to pay money for anything), have parted with $US20 and Miramar is working just fine and (for now, at least) much-faster than before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk