Author Topic: Crane collapses at Sothampton onto the NYK THEMIS  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Ian Thomas

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Crane collapses at Sothampton onto the NYK THEMIS
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »
Sorry about the first part on the news section abouth the crane accident at Southampton some info here http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/district/southampton/4488568.Man_fighting_for_life_after_port_crane_collapse/

Ian Thomas
Photo corrections Admin for Tankers and Data Editor.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Crane collapses at Sothampton onto the NYK THEMIS
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 01:45:30 PM »
Re: Crane topples onto NYK THEMIS at Southampton
Yes - its groundhog day at Southampton container terminal. Just 18 months since the last crane collapsed (17 January 2008 onto Kyoto Express) a sister crane has succombed, I guess to old age) and collapsed onto NYK Themis.

After all the safety checks, Health & Safety assessments and all the other checks that were carried out, it is very difficult to see how what seems to be a exact replica accident could happen.

Pictures posted.

Allan

Offline Michael van der Meer

• Top Poster
  • Supervisor Regional Operations Centre @ HMM.
    • View Profile
Re: Crane collapses at Sothampton onto the NYK THEMIS
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »
First of all hope all the best for the crane driver, he seems to be in a bad condition in the hospital.

This is the second crane accident in Southampton, exactly same accident. I am afraid that the Safety authorities will shut down operations for a longer time, which obviously results in heavy congestion like 1,5 year ago.
Michael van der Meer

All posts, views, comments etc., are my own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk