Author Topic: OCEANICLAND  (Read 2453 times)

Ken Smith

OCEANICLAND
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
Hi All

The OCEANICLAND IMO 8300626 came down from the Thames Refinery and is now berthed at the Northfleet Terminal on the Thames.

I understand that she has now been sold so is a possible name change I would be interested to know if anyone has any information on this

Regards
Ken

Offline Chris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: OCEANICLAND
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 01:30:52 PM »
Ken, the now 'Oceanland' ex 'Oceanicland' has today 27th anchored at the Outer Tongue., she is now registered in St Kitts & Nevis, Call Sign V4IC.
  I see she berthed at Thames Refinery frm Mauritius on the 9th April, moved to Northfleet Terminal on the 11th & sailed frm there today 27th for the O/T Anchorage, with New Name,Call Sign & Owners ?
  Ken, Mr John Walters & I were wondering why a lot of Bulkers when discharged their cargo at the Refinery move down to Northfleet Terminal, to do what ? do you know please . Regards frm Chris www.shipspotter.co.uk & Mr John Walters in Thanet near N/Foreland

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 02:41:12 PM »
Hi Chris and Ken,

Ken, I've just seen your oriiginal message and can confirm that she was sold, reportedly to undisclosed Middle Eastern interests for $3 million. Obviously Chris havs now given you the info regarding the new name and flag, etc.

Chris, In this instance, I believe that the Northfleet terminal was being used as a lay-by berth so that the handover to new owners and the application of new name, flag, etc could be accomplished. There was another ship which came down to Northfleet from Thames Refinery earlier this year, but the circumstances were different. On that occasion, the ship was detained under port state control for various safety defects.

In either case, Tate & Lyle did not want their berth to be clogged up as they always have ships arriving to discharge, so I guess another berth had to be found which is not in constant use.

Cheers
Phil

Offline Chris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »
Hi Phil, Thanks for that information. Regards frm Chris

Bob Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:59:31 AM »
Northfleet Terminal is used almost exclusively for the importation of wood pulp for the adjacent Kimberley Clark toilet tissue mill. Some of the pulp is then transported by road to KC's other tissue miill at Barrow-in-Furness but
one large ship-load of pulp will keep both mills going for several weeks. There is, therefore plenty of time when the wharf is not in use, allowing ships unconnected to the wood pulp trade to lay over for minor repairs or to change hands, as was the case with Oceanicland.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk