Author Topic: Isle of Wight ferries  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
Isle of Wight ferries
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
Has common sense finally overcome the tree huggers and yogurt knitters at last?
I notice on AIS tonight the new ferry Wight Sky apparently crossing from Yarmouth & Lymington this evening. And no signs of Cenred & Cenwulf.
Progress!
Kelvin

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of Wight ferries
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:02:28 PM »
Hi Kelvin,

Had you managed to be at our meeting last night; we knew the new ferries were due to start today.........the others are going to Denmark for breaking - one is currently at Husbands at Marchwood, other two laid up at Lymington.    Ahhhhh... their safety certs. run out in a couple of weeks so Wight Link had Hobson's choice but to start the new ones.

The local yachties and greenies are still all up in arms (see Radio Solent, BBS South etc) - possible damage to salt flats and gin palaces !!!!   It seems the passengers are all for the change though.    

p.s you missed the fun at Fawley today..........Italian driving, it seems.......bump your way to the berth - and now a chance of a tanker at 101 berth for damage assessment.

p.p.s. the show last night was golden nostalgia - all slides from 1960 - 1970..................next month it's me, giving the first part of my Polish Shipbuilding history.

Allan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk