Author Topic: Wightlink vessel Caedmon  (Read 2488 times)

Offline laurie

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Wightlink vessel Caedmon
« on: February 13, 2009, 06:54:58 PM »
I notice Southampton vts shows the Wightlink ferry Caedmon due to sail tomorrow (14 Feb) destination shown as world so presumably she has been sold

Laurie

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
Re: Wightlink vessel Caedmon
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 12:11:52 AM »
They also showed it down to sail about a week or so back, again destination "world".
I sometimes get the impression they put these odd ones in just to see if we are paying attention!
Also a week or so back, they showed Sinegorsk was due to resume it's trip following repairs; today it is still in dry dock.
By the way, it seems there is a Hapag Lloyd-Fest tomorrow (14th) with Bremen Express, Oslo Express & San Francisco Express all leaving in the space of 2 hours! And there are no scheduled arrivals to replace them, making it look like the container terminal will be totally empty over the weekend.
Meanwhile, Marit Maersk came and went in the dark.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »
HI Kelvin

Marit Maersk actually arrived in the sunshine at about 1:30pm.  I watched it on the Calshot web-cam.   Frustrated that I was not there.   Equasis still have it as a 2011 built vessel.............is this deja vu, or the other one ?

Allan

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »
Caedmon is at Husbands Shipyard.
Allan, sunny all day at Calshot yesterday and no yachts. Bracing!! wind and the Maersk's kindly passed each other for a photo shoot ( Marit arriving, Sarnia sailing)

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »
Hi Allan,
Well, there we are then, it is a conspiracy! If a ship is arriving in sunshine, it has to be a day I am working. Otherwise, it has to be in the dark or a blizzard!
I had a day off from Calshot today and went train spotting. I was able to photograph Tangmere between Reading & Newbury, leap in the car and head back to Basingstoke to catch the brand new steam locomotive Tornado. Impressive! Shame they move more quickly than ships though!
Still, I might make to Calshot tomorrow, if the weather is OK, just to catch the BW Orinoco, Toreador and Hyundai Brave.
Kelvin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk