Author Topic: Laid Up Ships  (Read 214405 times)

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Shipping Videos
Re: Laid Up Ships
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »
Falmouth website has a habit of giving a leaving time, even if they ain't going, so wouldn't expect the two containerships to disappear anytime soon.

San Francisco has just completed a charter with Zim, and has discharged in Amsterdam before coming to Falmouth - Can't wait to see your pictures!! I'll be running down in a few weeks to get her.

With San Francisco there, that'll make four Claus-Peter Offen container vessels there! (Santa Giovanna, Guiliana and Guilietta the others already there) - I'd never would have imagined that.

Hope the weather's better for you tomorrow in Falmouth!

Krispen :lol:

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »
You were right Krispen, FRITZ REUTER and E.R. COPENHAGEN haven't gone anywhere and still awating orders in Falmouth Bay. Spent a couple of hours at Smuggler's Cottage, Tolverne, wiating for SAN FRANCISCO to arrive at the Fal layup moorings, but she still hadn't arrived by 2.30 pm and assumed she was delayed. Had other things to do, so left, but got back to the apartment in Falmouth to discover on AIS that she was up there. We must have missed her by minutes  :-x  Typical. Still, got photos of the other ships which I will post up in due course.

Cheers
Phil

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Shipping Videos
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »
Sorry you missed her Phil. She went up very slowly!!

I've heard there will be another containership in the bay by the weekend.

Up North, Maersk Bentonville is on her way heading towards her from Rotterdam to sister Maersk Beaumont and fleetmate SeaLand Performance in the Clyde, for eventual lay-up in Loch Striven.

Offline OPL

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »
Another empty NYK Line container ship dropped anchor just outside Tor Bay last night - the NYK OLYMPUS arrived from Southampton at 2100. It looks as though she could be here for about 3 weeks

Offline alanp

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2009, 07:03:32 AM »
NYK Sirius has missed one rotation of the Grand Alliance EU2 service. She is due to call at Southampton on 17/06/09 on her outbound voyage.

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2009, 04:08:16 PM »
Currently Orient Overseas Container Line

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
Hamburg 30.05.09

Santa Adriana, Santa Georgina, Santa Alina (Kiel)

SORRY That message has for some unknown reason modified itself into a mess, when I clicked "submit". It was still o. k. when I did preview it !!!

Please simply click on the links and you will see the images.

Stupid computers..
 :-x

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 05, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
Thanks for the links Cornelia  :-)
Your message is understood, don't worry about the mess.

Cheers
Pil

Offline OPL

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2009, 11:30:25 PM »
NYK SIRIUS left Tor Bay at 1700 on Tuesday after a 7 week stay. She was alongside in Le Havre for less than 7 hours and left there Wednesday evening for Antwerp. This leaves just the ALKMAN and NYK Olympus in Lyme Bay.

Does anyone know what the TORINIA is up to?  Having been at Southwold Anchorage for barely 36 hours last week, she sailed again giving North America as her destination. The next day she anchored again in her favourite position east of Start Point and she remained there until this morning (Wed 10th June) when she came back up to Brixham and anchored near the ALKMAN. This evening she sailed for Falmouth, presumably for bunkers, although her AIS was still showing North America as her destination. The Falmouth Port web site is giving Lyme Bay as her destination when she leaves there on Thursday evening

Offline Steffen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 14, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »
idle container or similar vessels seen in May & June  2009

Hamburg 19/5/2009:
- HANSA MAGDEBURG (empty)
- HANSA MARBURG (empty)
- CAP ORTEGAL (empty)
- TORONTO EXPRESS idle ? (with containers)
- BELUGA STIMULATION idle ? (with containers)
- ECL CHALLENGER (empty)
- ICE BIRD (empty)
- CAP BIZERTA (empty but lying at Burchardkai)
- MELBOURNE STRAIT load containers that day

Offline Nacressa Swa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »
Hi I'm new to the site and was really interested in this post because I am looking to do some filming aboard a laid up ship.  Might any of you be able to help with contacts with the shipping industry or any of the ships that you mention?  I have been contacting shipping companies directly, but because they are massive multi-billion companies, they're not particularly interested in helping with something small scale!

The filming would be for a documentary for TLC Discovery and we would want to film some drama reconstruction of how the crew of a container ship managed to prevent pirates talking control of their ship.  

Seperately, we'd also like to film aboard a container ship on a journey within Europe.

Any thoughts, suggestions of laid up ships and contacts much appreciated.

Thanks so much

Kress100

Offline adams

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
Kress,

Rather than going to shipping companies, you should try to contact owners or managing companies. As you may be aware most major shipping companies do not own vessels - they are chartering from other companies. Does not make sense but that is the way it works

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »
Kress100,

I suggest first contacting a port authority where ships are laid up. For instance, Falmouth has at least 4 containerships laid up at the moment. You should be able to find a contact point on the Falmouth Port website. You would almost certainly need permission from the ships owner to film on their property, but I reckon that the Port Authority is a good starting point to get the ball rolling.

Phil

Offline Mike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2009, 06:03:54 AM »
Maersk Baltimore arriving Firth of Clyde late tomorrow (22/06)
All 4 vessels moving up to final location late same week (Balti ,Benton, Beau and Performance)

Might be some interesting photo ops

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2009, 08:18:49 AM »
AIS is showing Maersk Baltimore ETA Loch Striven 08:00 23 June.
At this time (09:10 Sunday) she is south of Berry Head making a gentle 13 knots.
The others are showing various ETA, the latest of which is the Beaumont 25 Jun 10:00
Kelvin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk