ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: QE2 For Tyne  (Read 11096 times)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2008, 06:29:13 am »

cawky wrote:
What a good turn out tonight to see the QE2 leave , from were I was there must have been a few thousand people out tonight. It was a good ending to what was a very busy day for the Tyne, I think there was about 27 movements in total , which might not seem a lot but when the average on the Tyne is about 12 moveents a day it was quite busy.

Regards

PS cant wait to see some night shots , thou I did not bother myself:)

Hi Brian

Oddly enough we didn't hear anything from here in Whitley Bay - we can usually hear a pin drop on the Tyne  :lol:
Yes it was a good day yesterday, glorious blue skies and as you say so much river traffic - caught quite a bit of it whilst floating down the Tyne on the Island Escapes Fortuna!

Regards
Report to moderator   Logged
David Harrison
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2008, 10:57:27 am »

An excelllent evening seeing her leave the Tyne (As the wife said afterwards "It brought a lump to the throat").  The fireworks were good  as well.

I hope Queen Victoria visits soon!!!!   ;-)

regards Glencairn :-) :pint:
rathey
Quite a regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2008, 09:35:31 pm »

Heard on the radio last night before the QE2 sailed:

Tug: Will you be coming back here with the Queen Mary 2 next?

QE2 Skipper: She's a bit big. I don't think we'd manage to fit the 'Scary Mary' in here. Hope to be back with the Queen Victoria though.

Hope so.

Richard.
Mayhem
Just popping in

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 12:14:44 am »

Hi, I have some pics of her just before she left the docks, and one with some fireworks, taken at 10.20ish i think on the night she left. Was sad to see her go Sad

Anyways, I'll post some links here, cos I don't know how to upload and my file sizes are way too huge to fit into the limits!

Here are three that turned out well (after I had to make a 'tripod' from a pile of books and an etch a sketch from the boot of the car)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/cazdragon22/RandomstuffLarge/95194384.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/cazdragon22/RandomstuffLarge/72003003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/cazdragon22/RandomstuffLarge/9a3bd22b.jpg

And possibly my favourite ever photograph I have taken in my life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/cazdragon22/RandomstuffLarge/51c56250.jpg

I know she's out of focus in the firework one, but I just adore it!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 08:24:17 am »

rathey wrote:
Heard on the radio last night before the QE2 sailed:

Tug: Will you be coming back here with the Queen Mary 2 next?

QE2 Skipper: She's a bit big. I don't think we'd manage to fit the 'Scary Mary' in here. Hope to be back with the Queen Victoria though.

Hope so.

Richard.

Hi Richard

I think as things stand at the moment we will see neither in the Port of Tyne - the reason being that the Swinging Circle at Jarrow Slake permits only vessels up to 300m to swing.

Queen Victoria has a LOA of 294m and it is debatable whether the 'risk' would be taken to swing her within those tolerances, i.e. not much left to spare. The Queen Mary 2 is out of the picture as her LOA is 345m.

Unless of course the Captain carries out a nifty piece of reverse parking  :-o

Regards
john dunn
Quite a regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 02:24:12 pm »

hi there ive have put two night shots on of the qe2 have a look a leave a comment first time done night time shots on this website brillant weather took an hour an half to get home on the night:)
Brian Cawkwell
Top Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 09:13:24 am »

Steve
The Queen Victoria is only 1 Metre longer than the QE2 so I think she will be okay to be swung, I took some screen shots off my shiplotter when she was being swung , maybe I could e mail them to anyone interested in seeing them.

http://www.shipais.com/showship.php?mmsi=232089000
Regards

David Harrison
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 10:08:54 pm »

Steve
The Queen Victoria is only 1 Metre longer than the QE2 so I think she will be okay to be swung, I took some screen shots off my shiplotter when she was being swung , maybe I could e mail them to anyone interested in seeing them.

Queen Victoria can comfortably turn in the Tyne.  It's just a matter of time when she will do a 'Tour of the UK'

JonHare
Home away from home

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2008, 11:27:13 pm »

And possibly my favourite ever photograph I have taken in my life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/cazdragon22/RandomstuffLarge/51c56250.jpg

I know she's out of focus in the firework one, but I just adore it!

Having had a good thorough look at your picture. I can say that she is not out of focus. There is time- lapsed movement visable by her, but in no way out of focus. A shot very well done and one to be proud of. The only way you could of got it without the movement was shooting a couple of seconds earlier, but with that you wouldn't of had the fireworks exploding. Its the lesser of two evils.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

David Harrison
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 10:13:43 am »

I agree with Jonathan's comments. The picture is definately not out of focus. It's an excellent picture. In fact if you dubmit it to Carnival/Cunard I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Mayhem
Just popping in

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 09:21:56 am »

lol just seen this now, looked on their site and it won't load for me! So I'll try to contact em at some point *Grins*
Glad she isn't out of focus! I was so happy with that pic that was total fluke... The camera took that pic at just the right moment!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: