Author Topic: Sanko Line Photographs  (Read 8674 times)

Sanko Line Photographs
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:48:47 AM »
Hi there,

More a plea for help than anything, but thought there might've been somebody out there to assist. My Dad's a chief engineer with Teekay right now, and in recent years (as Dads do...) has been compling something of a gallery of all the vessels he's served on in his 35-odd year merchant navy life. He's done a sterling job, bless him, but still has a few outstanding. I wondered if there's anyone out there that might be able to assist. He's still looking for photos/links of the following vessels :

SANKO LINE :

m/v ROYAL FORNAX
m/v NEW APOLLO
m/t SEA ROYAL
m/t EURO PRIDE
m/t HELLESPONT PRIDE
m/t MANHATTAN BARON
m/t MINT PROSPERITY

TEEKAY SHIPPING :

m/t TASMAN SPIRIT

MISC :

m/t MAASGUSAR
m/t MAASUSKOK

Can anyone help / throw a few pointers ???

Ta,

kristian

Offline Anatoly Grinevich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Sanko Line Photographs
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
Hi Kristian,

If yr Dad is still looking for some links may this be of a little help to him?

Some of the SANKO LINES

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
Hi Kristen

You can get a large list of Sanko photoes from this address:

[email protected]

He has collected their photoes from the early days and while there is a cost, chances the ones you want he quite possibly has.

Cheers

Brent

Offline Eli D. Nueva

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »
Hi kristian,

My name is Eli Nueva and I was a former merchant marine back 1975. I worked for Sanko Line.  I started O/S and in three months I got promoted to A/B. After that my last rank is a Boatswain or Bosun in European term.

My very first ship is the M/T Asia Gold  under by Fuji Shipping, Sanko Line and I was uder Capt.Olsen in 1976.  Then afterwards I was assigned M/T Holy Queen which is the largest super tanker on its time and it was under Capt. Werner's watch. In 1977 I got assigned to another ship which is a bulk carrier. The  name is M/T New Apollo. This ship is newly constructed and I was one of its fortunate shipman to maiden voyage it. We all took this ship out of Koyo ship yard in Osaka, Japan. In 1978 another ship with Sanko Line is the M/T Ogden Tiber.  This is my last ship under Sanko Lines.  I have old photos of M/T Asia Gold going through Austrailia's famous Sydney Opera House and bridge.  I have to scan the photo and post it if you want to see it.

Anyways it's nice to hear that there are other people around the world seeking knowledge about Sanko Line and it's history.  I guess I can say that I was among those few individuals that was part of it's history.

Offline Richard Matterson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • World Warships
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:05:22 AM »
Kristian,

When was he on the Hellespont Pride as there have been two ships of this name in recent time:

http://www.shippingdatabase.com/ship.php?shipid=76098

http://www.shippingdatabase.com/ship.php?shipid=187337

Regards,

Richard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk