ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give up your hobby for a woman ?  (Read 1319 times)
MattyBoy
Just can't stay away

It's me and you may find me annoying.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 09:37:01 am »

Hi there,

It's certainly a very in depth topic and thanks for the continued input on this rather (from my point of view) delicate subject. She is not aware of my passion for the subject and I have been wary to reveal it, subject to the ridicule which usually follows in such circumstances.

@MrsD thanks for the lady's point of view. I didn't know you existed until now !

Report to moderator   Logged
johnturner
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 10:46:45 am »

I did give one up in the late sixties and stayed single so I could keep my hobbies. How ever still not sure if it was the right decision. it would have been a boring suburban existence.
MattyBoy
Just can't stay away

It's me and you may find me annoying.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 10:54:22 am »

Hey john,

That's interesting because it matches my predicament perfectly. I'm at "peak age", (post-50's). The bottom line is, stick with hobbies & remain single OR get with a lady & as you say begin a "boring suburban existence" BUT not grow old lonely. It seems there are an unbelievable amount of lonely people in the UK (not sure if the same can be said in other countries). No-one knows what life is about to throw at you. If we all had a crystal-ball I wonder what the world would be like. No-one would ever take chances I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: