Author Topic: Vessel Sharing Agreement between Maersk Line and MISC Berhad in the South East Asia - New Zealand tr  (Read 16913 times)

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
I have since heard that Kota Ekspres will do one voyage and then it will be Kota Pemimpin, but that could change

Tony d

Offline Robbie

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
i see the Maersk Fuji, OOCL Melbourne, and Maersk Fukuoka are making a trip to Wellington within the next month. Centreport (Wellington) very rarely gets visits from Maersk and never get visits from OOCL vessels. Is the new sharing agreement including Wellington? Will these be regular callers to Centreport?

Cheers Robbie

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Hi Robbie

Maersk Fuji and Maersk Fukuoka on the Southern Star service to Australia so presume Wellington calls as part of the transtasman service. Before they had the "butterfly" service inherited from P&O Nedlloyd.

OOCL and other lines have rationalised their 2 string service between N.Z. and Singapore and previously OOCL vessels were on loop B that bypassed Wellington. As part of the reorganised service Wellington will continue the weekly calls carried out previously by PIL and MISC vessels, but with a new set of alrger vessels including OOCL Melbourne.

Cheers

Brent

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
OOCL Melbourne Arrivals at Auckland today.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Maersk Damascus has been renamed MISC Damascus and the charter has been taken over by MISC Berhad as their contribution to the vessel sharing agreement.

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
When I first read that I thought I saw MSC Damascus. If MISC use MISC as a prefix it will get confusing with MSC and when you say MISC it sounds a bit like Maersk.

Tony d

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
MISC have used the prefix on other charters such as MISC Merlion also chartered from Maersk. No more Bunga's then?

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Evening

Apparently a change of plan and while MISC will be operating the Maersk Damascus, it will not be renamed.

Cheers

Brent

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
That's unusual. It will mean that MISC will no longer have a "name" presence in the NZ- South East Asia trade.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
The Maersk Damascus now has the funnel colour of MISC. She is in Auckland 24 June 2008.

Offline Robbie

• Top Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
The 1978 built Provider is to be replaced by the 1987 built California Mercury by NYK line. The 2008 built Kota Permata is to be replaced by the 1986 built Kota Pusaka by PIL.

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Will the Provider be scrapped

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Hi

Provider has been sold to Chinese shipbreakers.

Cheers

Brent

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Was the Provider base on the NZ- Asia route

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk