Author Topic: Vessel Sharing Agreement between Maersk Line and MISC Berhad in the South East Asia - New Zealand tr  (Read 16918 times)

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Does anyone known the Ships on this new service codes.
http://www.maerskline.com/link/?page=news&path=/news/news20080414
http://www.misc.com.my/pressroom_pressrelease_release.php?id=35
On the bottom site it has list that they current route is having a new cooperation with ML what shipping line is ML

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Gidday Aaron,

This is surprising news to me, there was no mention of it at work today.
If you read your link you will get the answer to your question re ML. (Maersk Line).
But as I see this it would appear that Mearsk will continue to use the 4100's with one being in MISC colours and maybe name.
In other words no change from what we have now.
The big question is, what happens to the MISC ships now running here. If they cease to come then Bledisloe is in real trouble.
I'll have to ask some qustions tomoro.

Mike
Hilifta

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Hi Aaron
MISC will take over the charter of one of Maersk's 4100teu vessels, don't know which one. I presume they will rename with a Bunga prefix. The Asian carriers are amalgamating their NZX/NZS loops into one loop. There will be five vessels of 2800teu,(2 PIL,and one each MOL,NYK and OOCL). The rotation will be Singapore-Pt Kelang-Brisbane-Auckland-Lyttelton-Wellington-Napier-Tauranga-Brisbane-Singapore.MISC say that they will still participate in this service, but I guess only taking slots on the other vessels.
Cheers
Stephen

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
What are the vessel names for the five vessels of 2,800teu capacity.
I think OOCL vessel will be OOCL Belgium

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Hi

Understand MISC wanted Maersk to join the collaboration of MISC/OOCL/NYK/PIL/MOL on SE Asia loops and rationalise tonnage. This did not happen so MISC decided to buddy-up with Maersk on the NZ1 service to TPP and Singapore and as mentioned will "charter" one of the Albatross 4100 class. No doubt their three owned ships on the current service will be soaked up elsewhere, and will charter a small number of slots on the revised service of PIL/NYK/OOCL/MOL. These lines will introduce 5 x 2,800 TEU vessels in place of the current approx. 1700 TEU vessels, although MOL Mauo and Provider are expected to remain for a while as new vessels are organised. The 1996 built KOTA PUSAKA IMO9121247 and 1997 built KOTA EKSPRES IMO9141314 are understood to be two vessels stemmed so far, while the 2003 built OOCL Melbourne IMO9275397 has also been mentioned.

Cheers

Brent

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
What site did you get the info of the vessel

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Hi Aaron

Not a site report, just information circulating. However more recent rumours indicate PIL are also looking at other vessels, will let you know if I hear more.

Cheers

Brent

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
The new NZX Service is supposed to begin with a vessel loading in Singapore about 2nd June

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
OOCL have named the OOCL Melbourne as their contribution to the new NZX service to New Zealand from Singapore and Port Kelang. She loads in Singapore on 25th May.

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
The MOL Mauao and Provider will continue to service the trade and PIL are reported to be using Kota Pelangi and Irenes Rainbow. It is not known if the Irenes Rainbow will be renamed at this point

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
After many changes, it looks like Kota Petani (ex Irenes Rainbow) and Kota Pemimpin will be PIL's contribution.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
According to the schedule put out by MOL, the vessels are OOCL Melbourne, MOL Mauao, Provider, Kota Pemimpin, and Kota Segar. The last vessel is not listed in the containership register, so perhaps it is the new name for Irenes Rainbow.

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Yes - Kota Segar has now been advised along with Kota Pemimpin. I wonder if this will be the final allocation of vessels - it's changed so many times already.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
The OOCL website shipping schedule is now mentioning the MOL Glory on this service. Maybe more changes to come.
The latest NZ Shipping Gazette has the PIL schedule listing a vessel called "Kota Petani" :-?

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
MOL Glory is doing one voyage only while MOL Mauao is in drydock.For PIL , it was originally Kota Segar on the schedule, then Kota Petani, Now it is Kota Permata. I don't know if these are all intended name changes for Irenes Rainbow? But they can't Make up their minds  :-? The only consistency is Kota Pemimpin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk