Author Topic: Northern Producer on the move  (Read 32504 times)

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=SeahamDocks
Re: Northern Producer on the move
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »
Hi babyface,
I have just mearsured the distance on google earthand they covered 156 nautical miles in 24 hours, not bad going.

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2008, 08:11:30 PM »
Hi Brian & Steve
Nice shot brian and yes it was me, I managed to get a few nice pictures from  differant angles, as said before your welcome for a trip on 'Caer Urfa' anytime but like Saturday you will need your sea legs! (mind I am lifting her out for four months at Christmas)
As said the weather was perfect for you keen photographers! (the sea was not)
By the way Rowengarth broke down later at 14.00 trying to tow the 'Ocean Star'

I later went back out to sea for the day and came back in late about 21.00 and the 'Seven Navica' was ahead of me, 'wow quite a ship', take a good look at her if you have a chance she is a Nowegian cable layer packed with technology and the onboard crane is something else.

Regards Mike

8-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »

Tynesider wrote:
Hi Brian & Steve
Nice shot brian and yes it was me, I managed to get a few nice pictures from  differant angles, as said before your welcome for a trip on 'Caer Urfa' anytime but like Saturday you will need your sea legs! (mind I am lifting her out for four months at Christmas)
As said the weather was perfect for you keen photographers! (the sea was not)
By the way Rowengarth broke down later at 14.00 trying to tow the 'Northern Star'

I later went back out to sea for the day and came back in late about 21.00 and the 'Seven Navica' was ahead of me, 'wow quite a ship', take a good look at her if you have a chance she is a Nowegian cable layer packed with technology and the onboard crane is something else.

Regards Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the offer - but as you say it was a little wild outside of the Piers  :-o
It was the Ocean Star where Rowangarth 'conked out'.
Yes I saw the Seven Navica operating her on board crane this afternoon and as you say its a sight to behold  :lol:

I see we have HNLMS WILLEMSTAD inbound to the Port of Tyne on the 8th November.

Regards

Offline Pekka Laakso

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2008, 01:05:58 AM »
Hello to all Tyneside spotters & others who went to photograph the departure of the NORTHERN PRODUCER. As the category admin of Offshore would like to inform you instead of looking like a drilling rig, she is a Floating Production Facility converted from a drilling rig in the 90

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=SeahamDocks
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 09:08:20 PM »
Hi All,
MAGNUS on the move again:-

http://www.shipais.com/showship.php?mmsi=304953000

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk