Author Topic: CP Ships  (Read 13035 times)

Offline www.vessels-in-france.net

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vessels-in-france.net
Re: CP Ships
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 02:24:25 PM »
Dear Mats,

It seems that we quite agree on the general rules but in practice I can confirm to you that in France we have a single problem that seems to be the same in other European countries, up to you to confirm.
As the quantity of High level managers is not so important, one day you find a PMD at the head of a transnational company and months later he becomes a Minister in a government or member of the European Commission.
As the day of one man is always 24 hour long whatever he is responsible for, how can you explain salary in millions of Euro they are able to negotiate if it is not for their address book or their very good knowledge of some other respectable men ... till their name appears in some black files...
Our Minister, Mr Breton, former PMD of France Telecom, is very concerned by the topic of abuse we are talking about.
How can that man be pragmatic & impartial ?  It is a pity that he is not the first and won't be the last...

To be back on the Conference matter, when such agreement is found not anymore legal, you can break it and ask companies to dismiss it. When a BIG company is in a position of abuse, such as Microsoft for the most well-known one, you can always negotiate something to keep your monopoly. That's what B. Gates did and nobody care anymore. Don't you still think Conferences are that bad ?

My dear Mats, I am very happy of our exchange, but I am a bit surprised that you are the only one to react. Hope it is only a start. Teasing is the best way to keep the mind active. Thanks again.

Regards.
Ship Lover & Shooter
contact  vessels-in-france.net
www.vessels-in-france.net

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CP Ships
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 02:39:33 PM »
you are quite right that the Cap prefix has nothing to do with hapag lloyd at the moment, however there is speculation in the industry that the much rumoured merger between Hapag Lloyd & Hamburg-Sud may be being discussed by the two companies again.

we wait and see...........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk