Author Topic: QE2 Arrival in Tyne update!  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
QE2 Arrival in Tyne update!
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »
For those who are interested the liner QE2 will arrive off the Tyne on the late afternoon of the 16th September at about 16.00 hrs.
She is due to enter the Tyne piers at 17.00 hrs.

She will then proceed upriver to the Jarrow slack 'swing area' before coming downriver to moor at Royal Quays or the old Tyne commissioners quay as us locals know it with her bow pointing downriver.
As I said before she will leave on Monday evening the 17th at about 17.00
There are river restriction in force during this time and the locals will also be out in force!
 :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Offline Nathan

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: QE2 Arrival in Tyne update!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »
I think i might just come down for that. (From Redcar, neer Teesport.) I will have a good look around google earth, for some vantange points above the public.

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: QE2 Arrival in Tyne update!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:26:54 PM »
Hello Nathan
            If the weather is anything like this weekend then next weekend will be packed to say the least!
All depend on what sort of shots you want.
Nice shots can be taken off South Shields pier about a third along it, you will get Tynemouth as a back drop.
For a close up but you will need a wide angle lens the Groyne is best but will be packed.
Nice clear shots can be from the 'Law Top' (the park above little haven beach)
Mill Dam will be good but will also be packed, but you will also see her alongside her final berth after she passes and swings to come back down river.
Stay clear of the Tyne tunnel!
Hope above is of help
Have a good day!

Mike. :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk