Author Topic: Norway/Blue Lady update: possible return to SS France?  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Charles McAllister

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Norway/Blue Lady update: possible return to SS France?
« on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:53 AM »
The Supreme Court of India issued a ruling in March granting another 90 day stay in the scrapping of Norway/Blue Lady, which will prevent any action on the ship until 11 June.  The purpose of the stay is for the various technical, maritime, and pollution control boards to report on whether the ship can be dismantled without creating an asbestos hazard.

http://www.indlawnews.com/2560b92ae843238cc77a96516c4eb7d3

According to ssMaritime News, there is still hope, although there are few details and neither of 2 reported groups has come forward with a firm plan.  There are reports of private negotiations with the present owners, and as of 30 April, negotiations continue.

http://www.ssmaritime.com/newsupdates.htm

Previously I was certain this was the end, but perhaps there is still a chance for another phase of life for this grand ship.
Best,

Charles

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Norway/Blue Lady update: possible return to SS France?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:30:40 AM »
I really don't think so. She's unlikely to get off the beach without breaking her back.

These "groups" really amaze me. Well intentioned, but very little understanding of what's involved.

Cheers
Phil

Offline Stephen Lee

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »
Hi
I agree with Phil.
Good intentions started to late
she has sufferd damage being beached and the delay is more to do with the safe disposal of toxic material than preservation.
REGARDS Stephen :pint:
8-)

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:53:49 PM »
Hi,

does anyone know what NCL planned to do with her when they bought her?

Regards
Cedric
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline old sailor

• Sailing the Four Corners of the Ocean
  • Just popping in
  • 'old sea dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 12:04:50 PM »
it seems that posting pictures is a point of contention - I have been requested to comply with certain standards and NOT TO frame my replies - hence will now remove all my content ...mmm :'(
Sail the Seven Seas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk