Author Topic: Suez Canal blockage by Ever Given  (Read 22559 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Suez Canal blockage by Ever Given
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2021, 09:28:57 AM »
Brett, here is your answer.

https://www.lloydsloadinglist.com/freight-directory/news/%E2%80%98Ever-Given%E2%80%99-vessel-owner-declares-%E2%80%98general-average%E2%80%99/78806.htm

I guess the article that I referred to was written by somebody who is not very versed in Maritime Law, and so am I by the way. It is going to be difficult, as the terminal has already stated that they cannot allocate 9000 units. If I understand the article correctly there is no loss of any cargo, but the cargo owners will be asked to contribute to the cost of the damage, in the widest of terms, caused by the ship.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 09:33:16 AM by pieter melissen »

Offline Brett Moore

• Just can't stay away
  • Duncan Dock, Table Bay Harbour, Cape Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2021, 09:46:49 AM »
Thanks Pieter, I do now recall reading that article. Most insurance will cover GA if you are indeed adequately insured. Depending on your terms of sale...one would be foolish to not include full cover...In a nutshell, GA is : The definition of a general average is: Rule A.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2021, 12:19:32 PM »
This video has interesting photos of EVER GIVEN in drydock (starting about 4 minutes in)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEo0_A0fLuM

Even if the presenter doesn't get everything right, it is still illuminating.
Amongst the usual turgid reader-comments, it is confirmed that the "black markings" are indeed stress relief cuts, prior to removal of the forward section - replacement section apparently already fabricated

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk