Author Topic: out of focus photos: second and third opinion requested  (Read 823 times)

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
out of focus photos: second and third opinion requested
« on: October 03, 2021, 02:20:51 PM »
http://www.shipspotting.com/photos/removed/big/3/6/0/3347063.jpg

With a number of recent and even not so recent photographs, this photo of Celebrity Millennium was deleted today as "out of focus."

This followed my new topic of the previous day about photo requirements/standards re: fog photography.

If my photos are not be able to be good enough to meet your standards, I might as well delete the rest of my 10,000 photographs here on Shipspotting.....

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: out of focus photos: second and third opinion requested
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:39:49 PM »
Dirk, I took the liberty to download your picture and at full size it does look un-sharp. Reducing the size to 30% gives a reasonable shot, which would just meet site standards. I have not checked your camera settings nor your type of camera, and I don't know what image size your camera is shooting, but in the end a picture such as this cannot be enlarged to the extent you obviously did. It becomes blurry, un-sharp and indeed does no longer meet site standards.

There is no need to point at other pictures from other photographers or even at other shot by yourselves, this shot simply is not good enough for the site. 

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: out of focus photos: second and third opinion requested
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 02:01:01 AM »
Hello Dirk , the photo in question is as Pieter said is unsharp , but it seems you are using a small compact camera going by picture info a Coolpix A900 which are a great camera I use myself sometimes for shots between a fence where the bigger DLSR wont fit,but they do have a limit.Unlike a DSLR the compact digital have a smaller sensor and this seems to be the issue with your photo.More megapixels doesn't necessarily mean better quality it really depends on the sensor size. 

Hope this helps,Paul       

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk